User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Wed 16-Dec-15 14:23:25
Print Post

Coaxial cable question

[link to this post]

Hey all,

I've recently started suffering from a few issues with random drop out and incidents of the Superhub losing lock to the network.

Virgin installed the line with a single coaxial cable from the DP to the lounge where there was a splitter separating the signal into the TV and broadband, with a 6db attenuator. I decided to do an experiment with the reels of cable that have been left in the premises by Virgin engineers in the past (distance from DP is about 10 metres and we have about 40 metres of cable).

I decided to split the connections at the DP, with the TV signal running along the original cable to the lounge, and placing the Superhub at the DP with a short run of cable.

Now I'm not sure whether changing the cables or moving the Superhub would result in better locks and slightly faster throughput to the internet, however I'm seeing a lot more stable speeds throughout the day, with over 125meg at all times.

Can anyone advise if shortening the length of signal travel from the DP to the Superhub would make any difference?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Dec-15 09:17:01
Print Post

Re: Coaxial cable question

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

It should make no difference at all, Sir.
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Thu 17-Dec-15 09:51:01
Print Post

Re: Coaxial cable question

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Why I thank you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to