User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User derby13
(newbie) Sat 19-Mar-16 15:05:44
Print Post

Cable My Street - How many requests are needed?

[link to this post]

Hello

Regarding the cable my street system, does anyone know what sort of interest level has to be registered before VM consider looking into it? Is it based on a certain number of requests, or a certain percentage?

The street in question contains 14 properties and is surrounded in by cabled streets, the nearest duct being less than 20 metres away.

Thanks in advance.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Mar-16 16:46:01
Print Post

Re: Cable My Street - How many requests are needed?

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

IMO, VM already know where they are going. The website is just to help PR, and to give them a database of email addresses to use when new parts go live.
Standard User DrBC
(regular) Thu 24-Mar-16 23:08:17
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Yes, I can't see it being anything but a PR exercise. Just a way of drumming up interest and making people think twice before entering into long contracts for ADSL or FTTC.

I got a letter about this from VM only today and they're quoting a 2-year timescale for a 40 area expansion. tbh, on a project like that they've already planned everything by now, for sure.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Mar-16 19:16:11
Print Post

[re: DrBC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DrBC:
Yes, I can't see it being anything but a PR exercise. Just a way of drumming up interest and making people think twice before entering into long contracts for ADSL or FTTC.

I got a letter about this from VM only today and they're quoting a 2-year timescale for a 40 area expansion. tbh, on a project like that they've already planned everything by now, for sure.

You'd be surprised.

People receive emails saying VM are on their way when their area has been planned and their property is in scope for coverage.

Until that point they know where they're going in terms of areas but not to postcode or property level.

Standard User derby13
(newbie) Mon 28-Mar-16 11:36:51
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
People receive emails saying VM are on their way when their area has been planned and their property is in scope for coverage.

Until that point they know where they're going in terms of areas but not to postcode or property level.

Yes, I too have received emails from them numerous times over the past year or so saying they're expanding in our area. However when I've checked with them, they're only doing a couple of streets in the area and my street (the postcode I registered against my email address) isn't getting anything.

I've tried to get the point across to them that extending the network from the next street along could get them up to 13 new long term customers. Surely it makes perfect business sense and installation costs could be covered within a couple of years even if only half of the people signed up.
Standard User Daemon66
(member) Tue 29-Mar-16 09:34:42
Print Post

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derby13:
... could get them up to 13 new long term customers ...

LOL, using ISP's own methods against them smile
  Print Thread

Jump to