User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User stevenfrenchy
(member) Tue 26-Apr-16 11:34:56
Print Post

pay high price for nothing !

[link to this post]

hi there
i was with talktalk before running a solid 13 mbps connection , but when to many of us connected it was running slow ! i was paying a really cheap price anyway i have now signed up with VM 100 mbps thinking that should be good however from 6pm untill 11h30pm every single night since i signed up the speed gets really slow , i understand it's busy time but still i pay like £40 a month !!
on wireless i don't get higher than 9 mbps and tested wired it won't go higher than 12 mbps! which means i had a faster connection at night with my regular connection , i can't even watch a movie HD or even download anything ! however right after 11h30 pm it gets fast again but it's time to go to bed so not much needed anymore !
i called several time customer service , they all come up with different reasons , we can't guaranty speed during peak time or there is an issue in the area or more cables will be added before the 29 th july ( wish i knew that i would not have signed uo )
i am so frustrated with this service ! i never had to call my previous provider about issues like this ..
any help will be much appreciated
Standard User bernado
(member) Tue 26-Apr-16 11:46:33
Print Post

Re: pay high price for nothing !

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

If you are still within the 14 day cooling off period I think I would just leave, given it sounds like Virgin's network in your area is struggling at peak times.
If not you're going to have to prove it's not fit for the purpose and get them to release you from your contract, which probably isn't going to be easy (perhaps others here who've done that can advise).
Standard User stevenfrenchy
(member) Tue 26-Apr-16 11:49:03
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

It's has been more than 14 days I'm afraid frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Apr-16 12:13:02
Print Post

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear of your issues, yes this is a big issue with Virgin Media's networks in some part of the country, there isn't alot that we can recommend other than complaining to Virign Media and asking when they expect to fixed the 'over-utilization' issues.

Virgin should also be able to refund your part of your bill every month for the inconvienience...

When I had such issues with Virgin I was getting an 65% disocunt every month as that was the ammount of time my connection (152mbps) saw a decreased in speed of more than 50%...

Inreality it was -2mbps in the evenings, this paid for 4G alternatives.

Virgin will also let you out of contract too, however these issues do get fixed.... thats what I found a month before moving to non Virign area.

BTInfinity - 68000/22000kbps Formerly 116000/31000 - Quality Monitor - Quality Monitor 2
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - BQM L1 - BQM L2
  Print Thread

Jump to