User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Oct-16 09:34:52
Print Post

Coming to my area soonish

[link to this post]

Just spotted this in the news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37608122 seems they will be coming into my area over the next couple of years. More choice i suppose for me.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User 23Prince
(member) Tue 11-Oct-16 10:14:41
Print Post

Re: Coming to my area soonish

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

My advice,

Enjoy it when you first get it - because they WILL oversell it and then you will see naff peak time speeds. - as it is in a lot of other places around the UK

However with the 50/50 chance you won't be part of the UK and will be under EU control then - so who knows? you might get VM or you might get decent service. Ireland will be part of the EU and they get better speeds and prices on Liberty Global's platform there.

Edited by 23Prince (Tue 11-Oct-16 10:15:34)

Standard User weesteev
(newbie) Tue 11-Oct-16 10:21:40
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

What absolute nonsense 23Prince!

If you need any updates MrGrumpy then give me a shout wink

Although I work for Virgin Media, all comments are a personal opinion and not a direct expression of my employer wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Daemon66
(member) Tue 11-Oct-16 10:36:36
Print Post

What on earth did VM do to you while you worked for them 23Prince, to make you bitter enough that you continue to post negative comments about them on here even though you no longer use them yourself?

VM do provide a good service to the majority of their customers, myself included. Forums like this and even the VM community can give a very distorted impression since people only use them when they are having issues.

The only major issue with VM is that when an area does become over-subscribed they can take a long time to sort it out. I experienced this with the connection to my daughters student flat in Cardiff, in the end turning to 3G to get a reliable internet connection.

It is also worth noting that (similar to some other service providers) you do need to phone up and threaten cancellation occasionally to get a good price from them, and their phone support staff are a long way off being the best in the market.
Standard User 23Prince
(member) Tue 11-Oct-16 13:06:40
Print Post

[re: weesteev] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by weesteev:
What absolute nonsense 23Prince!

Look at your own forums, and then tell me that slow speeds, evening congestion and unhappy customers is "rubbish"

Are the incentives that good now that staff are all blind to the reality?
Standard User 23Prince
(member) Tue 11-Oct-16 13:07:15
Print Post

[re: Daemon66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daemon66:
What on earth did VM do to you while you worked for them 23Prince, to make you bitter enough that you continue to post negative comments about them on here even though you no longer use them yourself?

VM do provide a good service to the majority of their customers, myself included. Forums like this and even the VM community can give a very distorted impression since people only use them when they are having issues.

The only major issue with VM is that when an area does become over-subscribed they can take a long time to sort it out. I experienced this with the connection to my daughters student flat in Cardiff, in the end turning to 3G to get a reliable internet connection.

It is also worth noting that (similar to some other service providers) you do need to phone up and threaten cancellation occasionally to get a good price from them, and their phone support staff are a long way off being the best in the market.

Nothing,

Again see above.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Oct-16 14:25:22
Print Post

[re: weesteev] [link to this post]

be a while yet i should think and nothing wrong with my current BT service to be fair, but West Fife is all of sudden becoming a hot bed of activity !!

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User Daemon66
(member) Tue 11-Oct-16 16:54:45
Print Post

You mean those forums that have had less posts during their entire existence than VM has current customers? But then again I expect you'll claim nobody ever posts multiple times, every post is an separate actual issue and therefore it actually does represent a significant part of the customer base.
(Some posters have post counts in the 10,000s, so it probably actually only represents a small fraction of a percentage point of the customer base. The number of people who have ever registered an account is less than 7% of the current customer base.)

Edited by Daemon66 (Tue 11-Oct-16 16:58:42)

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Oct-16 02:07:27
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

They're also back in Londonderry digging up streets they missed back at the start.

BT Infinity 2 using Smart Hub - Type B
TBB Speedtest
My Broadband Ping
Standard User 23Prince
(member) Thu 13-Oct-16 15:31:44
Print Post

[re: Daemon66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daemon66:
You mean those forums that have had less posts during their entire existence than VM has current customers? But then again I expect you'll claim nobody ever posts multiple times, every post is an separate actual issue and therefore it actually does represent a significant part of the customer base.
(Some posters have post counts in the 10,000s, so it probably actually only represents a small fraction of a percentage point of the customer base. The number of people who have ever registered an account is less than 7% of the current customer base.)

Well I guess they can afford to lose those customers. Some other ISP will be happy to pick them up Im sure
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to