User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User arronlowley
(newbie) Wed 04-Jan-17 17:30:48
Print Post

sound like downstream utilisation?

[link to this post]

so from the 19th of December when the kids were off school, from 12pm until 2am my download speeds were all over the place, i pay £60 a month for the 300/20 package and this is broadband only. now the kids are back at school, this problem only starts to arise at 5-6pm until 2am, does this sound like the start of utilisation, im starting to see more vm connections in the area, my contract is up in 7 days, i think im going to cancel, opinions.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Jan-17 18:41:54
Print Post

Re: sound like downstream utilisation?

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

Fits the pattern. Running on to 2am suggests someone people queuing up stuff that finishes downloading over night.

Amazon now say Christmas Day evening is a busy time as people use vouchers they get, and am sure Xbox Live and PSN gift cards a lot of digital games will have been downloaded too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User arronlowley
(newbie) Wed 04-Jan-17 19:15:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Fits the pattern. Running on to 2am suggests someone people queuing up stuff that finishes downloading over night.

Amazon now say Christmas Day evening is a busy time as people use vouchers they get, and am sure Xbox Live and PSN gift cards a lot of digital games will have been downloaded too.

virgin are basically forcing me to leave, im not paying £60 a month for a service that is starting to degrade, an engineer came yesterday, rang line 2 who said nothing is wrong, yet a virgin media forum team member told me there is something wrong with the areas snr, so they're lying to me basically, and it will only get worse knowing virgin and im not getting fix dates put back and back, when they actually stop lying and acknowledge theres an issue.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kebabselector
(member) Thu 05-Jan-17 17:08:43
Print Post

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by arronlowley:
so they're lying to me basically

Normal VM experience for a congested area.

Current on Zen, getting around 5mb down - .8mb up
Exchange is Fibre enabled, Cab not economically viable to upgrade - though hanging on the carrot being dangled - 'There are projects to be initiated in 2017, however, we do not have a particular timescale at this moment.'
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - small cabinet of fail
  Print Thread

Jump to