User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nidstigator
(newbie) Tue 14-Feb-17 10:16:34
Print Post

Re: Virginmedia denying overutilisation- looking for advice

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Wouldn't mind if i was getting 50-100mbps.
My issues are worse here because we use our HBONOW subscription while here in the UK through a US-based VPN. At night, during the congestion (speedtest shows 4-8mbps), when connecting through VPN, the connection speed and latency are comparable to Dial-up (no joke). impossible to stream anything over the connection while connected through VPN.

The other issue is gaming, as everyone sees from the BQM I posted, the packet loss increases significantly and the minimium latency also increases. I get 2-3 bars of latency during night time compared to 4 bars in the morning on Battlefield 1.

Basically, the connection is completely useless for me in its current state. £50/month down the drain.
Standard User nidstigator
(newbie) Tue 14-Feb-17 13:01:48
Print Post

[re: nidstigator] [link to this post]

Update regarding this:

On the phone with virginmedia, they say any fault that's been referenced to this issue in my area is closed. And I shouldn't have been having this issue.
When asked what to do, they mentioned the raising a ticket to 2nd/3rd line support bull*** aagain.

This is crazy.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-17 15:46:26
Print Post

[re: nidstigator] [link to this post]

It's totally insane mate I am wondering what I should advise her to do. I don't want the whinge when it goes wrong and with VM we know it will

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to