User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dronkula
(regular) Thu 23-Mar-17 13:13:38
Print Post

How to 'downgrade'

[link to this post]

Hey - this is probably wishful thinking but is there an option buried somewhere deep in the VM portal to allow you to order a downgrade of your service?

I'm currently on the 200Mb broadband only package - but don't need anywhere near that as it's a small flat, with only 2 of us in there and to get the BB to my own room it needs to go through a booster that restricts it to around 25Mb anyway. And that's more than enough for me.

Is there a possible 'press this button to regrade your connection' option in the VM portal - or do you need to spend an hour on hold on the phone waiting to talk to someone and then have to really convince them that you know what you want and you want to downgrade?
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Thu 23-Mar-17 16:08:47
Print Post

Re: How to 'downgrade'

[re: dronkula] [link to this post]

I am pretty sure you call them, Although personally I am jealous you bet 25Mbps on your connection, and that's no sarcasm.

But anyway yes, call them smile
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Mar-17 18:50:04
Print Post

[re: dronkula] [link to this post]

A quick call, they might make the price cheaper on the existing package anyway without needing to regrade but keeping the benefit.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jakdos
(regular) Sat 08-Apr-17 22:13:49
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I rang them to downgrade from 200 to 100. I found the 200 unstable, but the 100 is rock solid and saved ££s

(staff) Sun 09-Apr-17 09:49:10
Print Post

[re: jakdos] [link to this post]

Oddly our speed test results indicate on average 200 Mbps appears to be worse than the 100 Mbps product. So it is interesting to hear from people who have switched back.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to