User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Wed 29-Mar-17 03:09:13
Print Post

part serviceable

[link to this post]

After initial cable laying in December, and various activities since, I've just noticed my address is now showing as part-serviceable on the VM site. As I'd previously been told by a local sales rep, no phone service is available, only tv/broadband

Will virgin likely add telephony service later (I don't really need it anyway) - perhaps they've just decided not to bother with the kit needed these days ?

Aside - in fact these can't seem to be ordered yet, the site's being a bit glitchy but it could be as the status has only changed in the last day or so. if I select my address, add a special welcome offer, I can't get the product to go into the basket....
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Wed 29-Mar-17 03:17:46
Print Post

Re: part serviceable

[re: planetf1] [link to this post]

To clarify, when I check for services available I get:
"You can get Virgin TV and Broadband at your address. Unfortunately we can't provide a phone line at this address"
However after going through the order process there's a green "checklist" of services, and ONLY the mobile one is listed. I assume this will change shortly and then allow an order to be placed.
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Wed 29-Mar-17 03:20:55
Print Post

In a related question, when an area goes serviceable, are the online offers usually the best prices, or do they tend to proactively contact anyone who's previously signed up with sales & offer even better offers?

I've noticed quidco etc are doing cashback. Whilst not guaranteed do they pay these on intro offers too?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Mar-17 09:48:03
Print Post

Intro offers so long as broadband + TV should still work, but many comparison sites don't list the full range.

Voice may come in time once the VoIP phone service becomes widely available from Virgin.

The reason is the part serviceable areas are actually full fibre to the home, i.e. no metal phone line is installed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Apr-17 10:53:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

interesting that you get similar to me, not in my street yet but get the same part service available. Assumed they would also offer a phone line to go with it ?? Hmm might be time to ditch the land line and just use our mobiles ??

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Fri 21-Apr-17 23:23:41
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

That's what I'm doing.
I have install set for next week for TV/BB only, no phone.
The external cabling is done with what appears to be a twin cable, but it is extremely light (not unwrapped) so assume it's fibre.
  Print Thread

Jump to