User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-May-17 22:30:29
Print Post

Re: Abandoned car preventing installation

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
Incorrect. The two abandoned cars are in spaces owned by residents and thus preventing the owners from parking their cars. This makes no difference whatsoever. We are legally not allowed to move the vehicles which has to be done via the local authority.
If it was my parking space I would get the owners details from DVLA and issue an invoice for parking in my space or storage fee £50.00 per day , if no response then i would sue them in the small claims court , if that failed and i had the money to spare i would escalate to high court enforcement
Or the car would mysteriously vanish to a scrap yard, and i would know nothing about it

Edited by tommy45 (Fri 05-May-17 22:31:34)

Standard User radiomarko
(experienced) Sat 06-May-17 14:16:09
Print Post

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

After a couple of weeks of getting nowhere "legally" I would be out there with a tow rope to drag it just far enough to be out of the way, on a suitably dark night.

I'd take photos of it's position and condition first ofc.

Alternatively, tell the police you saw kids trying to set fire to it and are concerned about safety.

-.-. --.-
BT Infinity 2, HG612, Billion 7800N; 79987/19999 Kbps. Online since 1987. Macs since 1979. Dreambox fun. Advanced Radio Amateur Licence and an anorak.
Standard User derby13
(learned) Sat 06-May-17 19:35:56
Print Post

[re: radiomarko] [link to this post]

Looks like the road is privately owned by a housing association, which I guess complicates things. Fortunately Virgin have agreed to try and get it moved. By which they mean they will talk to the land owners.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Squirrel
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-May-17 21:45:04
Print Post

[re: radiomarko] [link to this post]

Out of interest - what does this mean - Macs since 1979 ?

Standard User Yves
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-May-17 09:13:34
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

But move it where? Maybe leave it on a public road?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 10-May-17 09:27:02
Print Post

[re: Yves] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yves:
But move it where? Maybe leave it on a public road?

I think wolves meant the OP move the vehicle just a few metres to allow access to VM manhole.

------------------------------------------
Fluidone FTTPoD 330/30...well almost smile