User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 18-May-17 17:47:30
Print Post

Voom Fibre Bundles

[link to this post]

Can anyone let me know if the Voom range of products are provided via real fibre, or coax?

I have a site which is connected to the VM optical network via an 8 fibre cable to Mile End PIM with 1 pair in use), but has no Coax.

TIA.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 18-May-17 17:49:51
Print Post

Re: Voom Fibre Bundles

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

The Voom products as far as I know are the standard DOCSIS products (apart from new Project Lightning)

What you describe sounds like a business leased line, so time to contact them to find out what they are willing to offer across that link.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 18-May-17 19:38:11
Print Post

Re: Voom Fibre Bundles

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Obliged.

Yes it was an old leased line (and they where the 3rd party tail) I still have an in traffic lit pair as well on the same cable. My networks man tried to contact virgin, but I think he got sent round the houses as they where only interested in Coax. I do have a number to try next week when I'm back in the office.

A bit of context - they want an internet service as a 3rd party solution for a group of people in the press office, and a number of phone signal booster devices. Coax would be fine - but VM are giving us problems over excess construction charges etc so we thought we would try and light another pair on the optical cable since we are already connected.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to