User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ragingpoo
(committed) Wed 05-Jul-17 16:32:12
Print Post

Cabinet too full?

[link to this post]

Currently enjoying VM's 100mb service in my current temp residence, moving to a new place soon which also have full coverage (or at least I thought), but when trying to port the service over, entering postcode and selecting my new place (and immediate next door on left and right) gives me a 'Cable my street' page because service is unavailable, but apart from those 3 houses, random pick on the postcode checker on the same street gives me 'Your street is already connected blah blah blah.... and can order VM fibre'

Phoned customer service and the person says my new place comes up as 'serviceable' but for some reason unable to put order through, still waiting for here back from him. Contacted the local field sales advisor and he said it's due to cabinet full for broadband, anyone come across a similar situation before?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Jul-17 22:43:36
Print Post

Re: Cabinet too full?

[re: Ragingpoo] [link to this post]

It may be that promises to get better about not over selling when areas have high utilisation mean that areas like that they are not selling to more people to make a bad situation even worse. Without Virgin Media giving more specific information to you it is hard to say.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ragingpoo
(committed) Wed 05-Jul-17 23:09:41
Print Post

Follow up.

1) Still waiting for the customer service to call back
2) In response to cabinet full, if I select the address three house down, I seems to be able to go through a order process, at least it'll ask me what bundle, and name/address/details etc etc, so cabinet can't be that full lol
3) Went into a virgin media store, told him the online tool says my house, and immediate left & right unable to get fibre, but everyone else seems to be ok, he said it might be because the cable wasn't laid there.... except customer service over the phone can see a previous record of having VM installed, AND i went by today (after store visit) and can confirm a brown VM box on the outside of the premises.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Jul-17 12:11:27
Print Post

Possible that there are no tap points in the cabinet for you to connect to. The house a few doors down may be served by a different cabinet.

https://mmassets.objects.cdn.dream.io/downloads/imag...

Edited by Ignitionnet (Thu 06-Jul-17 12:12:38)

Standard User leexgx
(committed) Sun 09-Jul-17 03:39:36
Print Post

as you you already have a router and TV box to test it at the new house and see if it gets a network lock (if its in the same area you may find the TV and router will still work)

if it does work tell virgin that the service is working fine at the address and remove the block that is placing the move house order, as cable service all connected and working at address

Edited by leexgx (Sun 09-Jul-17 03:41:02)

Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Jul-17 22:04:51
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

lack of taps has never stopped them before, they just split the tap (on a suitable line of course... normally closest neighbour.

Best Regards,
Matt.
"I don't take too kindly to coaxial pushed rubbish... or to them damned Intel Puma wastes of plastic."
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Jul-17 00:23:56
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Things change.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Jul-17 21:29:22
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Things change.

Trying to keep a minimum level of quality at last?

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - 2 Jun 14 - Sync at 20/May/17: 59,802/11,536 - G.INP & 3.5db SNRm
18 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial - Asus RT-AC68U and HG612 - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to