User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 05-Aug-17 13:47:34
Print Post

Re: Vivid 350 quietly released

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Correct, I need to remove it from our listings...always thought it an odd package as it did nothing to help real gaming, the lack of upload management made twitch streaming a bit less of a pain but those people are also highly latency sensitive

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 05-Aug-17 21:57:56
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

Some of us has 300 and then they took it away from the area, so nice to see some people getting 350!
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Aug-17 23:22:27
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Openreach might do secret 400/50 from 330/50 try to beat off VM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Aug-17 00:32:26
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:

Openreach can't do secret anything to market, they don't sell to end users and have to consult with service providers. 400/50 would reduce G.fast reach, with the advertising changes it will struggle anyway, and would be pointless as VM can fairly rapidly release faster anyway.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Aug-17 11:49:28
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

The sad thing is that I am currently signing people up for 1Gbps symmetrical wifi where my parents live, which is where I will be living from the end of the year.

My dad is having the ISP's base transmitter at the bottom of his garden, and therefore gets a monthly income and a free connection. But as he does not use the internet much he's asked if I can have the free connection instead.

Currently they are at 500/500 but that can be turned up on demand.

Until then I will stick with what I have. I've seen this Wireless ISP in action in another village nearby and I got to say - it leaves BT looking rather [censored].

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 06-Aug-17 11:50:41)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Aug-17 11:50:20
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:

Openreach can't do secret anything to market, they don't sell to end users and have to consult with service providers. 400/50 would reduce G.fast reach, with the advertising changes it will struggle anyway, and would be pointless as VM can fairly rapidly release faster anyway.

I know a few people around here who wish VM would sort this area out so they can have their 300 back! It just disappeared last year and even now it's greyed out with a "Sorry 200 is the best we can do for this area" message
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Aug-17 17:08:41
Print Post

Never heard of a WISP even close to 500Mb let alone 1Gb. Who is this?
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Aug-17 17:57:00
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

http://ruralbb.com/

RuralBB is the company, they have a setup in Stone in South Glos running at those speeds.

However their website now only shows 100/100. I do have e-mails from him saying they were doing 20/50/100 and could do 500 and even 1Gbps on demand.

Sorry for the delay I had to dig it up - but this is the original

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/02/100mbps...

Edit - at the bottom of the webpage it does say "*Prices for the 500Mb service on request."

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 06-Aug-17 17:58:01)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 06-Aug-17 17:59:46
Print Post

Ask them the same question of speed but specify at the IP layer rather than wireless transport layer

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Aug-17 18:10:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Ask them the same question of speed but specify at the IP layer rather than wireless transport layer

Will do..

Bear in mind I've seen the system at full speed in Stone and it was hitting 500Mbps then. it's also been fully stress tested by the person who hosts the transmitter.

Edited by 23Prince (Sun 06-Aug-17 18:10:49)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to