User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Aug-17 16:53:22
Print Post

Re: Vivid 350 quietly released

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
500 Mbps x 81 people impressive point to multipoint fixed wireless in that case and could probably make a fortune scaling that up to sell abroad, particularly when most only sell 30 Mbps

Not all are on that - Most are on 50-100. In fact they only sell 100/100 right now but I know at one point everyone had it. I was lead to believe there are 2 dark 10Gbps lines to a local council office and he is allowed to tap into any the council own but are not using for his backhaul.

Or so the e-mails he sent said.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Aug-17 12:09:59
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I used O2 for about 3 years and only had 2 issues. Upload was consistent at about 15mbps and upload at 1.1mbps. Was still the same when the stupid cashback offers were introduced.

With UW (talktalk)now and up is 13 mbps and down 0.6mbps so not quite so good. More than good enough to stream an HD film and the children to do their thing.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Khan
(committed) Mon 21-Aug-17 12:16:33
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

I just checked my postcode, which says I can get "up to 350" and so rang CS, they told me VIVID 350 is only for business customers. Ah well.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Aug-17 13:52:59
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
I used O2 for about 3 years and only had 2 issues. Upload was consistent at about 15mbps and upload at 1.1mbps. Was still the same when the stupid cashback offers were introduced.

With UW (talktalk)now and up is 13 mbps and down 0.6mbps so not quite so good. More than good enough to stream an HD film and the children to do their thing.

Did you get your figures back to front there?
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Aug-17 16:35:23
Print Post

[re: Khan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Khan:
I just checked my postcode, which says I can get "up to 350" and so rang CS, they told me VIVID 350 is only for business customers. Ah well.

No, that is untrue. They can sold it to residential as well.
Standard User DougM
(member) Mon 21-Aug-17 18:11:22
Print Post

It seems Virgin is upgrading VIVID 300 customers to 350Mbps downstream, but still marketing it as 300Mbps. Probably best to order VIVID 300 then call support to request an early regrade.

Virgin Media Business VOOM is marketed as 350Mbps downstream, so not surprised that call centre sales staff get confused when someone requests a 350Mbps service.

-==-
DougM
Standard User Khan
(committed) Mon 21-Aug-17 19:46:45
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

There's a slight problem in that I'm already on VIVID 300, so I was trying to see if I could get upgraded but I was turned down by 3 customer support reps. No luck. lol

Edited by Khan (Mon 21-Aug-17 19:47:33)

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 22-Aug-17 09:42:26
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Yes.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Fri 25-Aug-17 10:01:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Khan:
There's a slight problem in that I'm already on VIVID 300, so I was trying to see if I could get upgraded but I was turned down by 3 customer support reps. No luck. lol

Strange that everyone seems to be having these issues, the first rep I got on the chat service was able to do it for me, and it took effect within minutes!
Standard User Khan
(committed) Fri 25-Aug-17 11:09:27
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

Perhaps I've been unlucky and need to try again. laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to