User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Khan
(committed) Fri 25-Aug-17 11:44:11
Print Post

Re: Vivid 350 quietly released

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
Strange that everyone seems to be having these issues, the first rep I got on the chat service was able to do it for me, and it took effect within minutes!

Looks like you was right laugh I just spoke to a chat CS rep and he immediately upgraded me and said the new charge will be £48/mo (an increase of 75p from my current monthly charge).

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6568551695

Edited by Khan (Fri 25-Aug-17 12:16:47)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Aug-17 10:27:51
Print Post

[re: Khan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Khan:
Perhaps I've been unlucky and need to try again. laugh

Meanwhile in other areas, they have taken 300 away saying they can't support it. Nice to see it's being used somewhere. Let us know what it's like at peak times smile
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 26-Aug-17 14:27:02
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

woke up this mornig to find its ben upgraded after been told 4 times not available in area lol so yay finally get my full upload now too

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Aug-17 17:00:09
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
woke up this mornig to find its ben upgraded after been told 4 times not available in area lol so yay finally get my full upload now too

I've had a interesting conversation with someone today as to why their network is so broken in many areas.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Aug-17 19:15:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I've had a interesting conversation with someone today as to why their network is so broken in many areas.

Be interested to hear what you've been told. I've been in contact for months with people who know about it, and have been posting openly in forums.

Most of the issues are resolved. Some areas to clean up, the worst of which should be done by the end of October.
Standard User Khan
(committed) Sat 26-Aug-17 23:21:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Khan:
Perhaps I've been unlucky and need to try again. laugh

Meanwhile in other areas, they have taken 300 away saying they can't support it. Nice to see it's being used somewhere. Let us know what it's like at peak times smile

Touch wood it's all great so far, haven't had any traffic issues since I got VIVID 200 first time in May '16. Also, someone said the VIVID 300 and 350 don't have the traffic management filter or whatever it's called.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Aug-17 17:17:20
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:

Be interested to hear what you've been told. I've been in contact for months with people who know about it, and have been posting openly in forums.

Most of the issues are resolved. Some areas to clean up, the worst of which should be done by the end of October.

I am speaking with them again on Tuesday. Well my area is a mess but when they tell me that I will be happy
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Aug-17 21:18:55
Print Post

I am speaking with them again on Tuesday. Well my area is a mess but when they tell me that I will be happy

No idea who you're speaking to but there's a list of expected resolution dates.

The vast majority of the issues are due to delays in deploying the new CMTS and, occasionally, issues with splitting nodes.

These are both due to the same root causes - lack of power / space / cooling in hubsites preventing installation of new CMTS and/or transmission kit. I've no idea if Newport or Newport East are impacted as I don't have the list in question, though I imagine Mr Saffron would know if hosts with DNS newp or newe are suffering.

Nothing that interesting really, all very practical and mundane. Not sure what conspiracy theories you were told.

On the upside your move out of the area to one without VM should make it a non-issue in any event.
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Aug-17 22:47:43
Print Post

I forgot the other issue, which is pretty mundane also, lack of RF bandwidth being available on some older networks.

The networks gained a bunch of bandwidth when analogue was switched off, however DTV, HDTV,VoD and, especially, broadband, have eaten it all.

There's not enough room left on some networks for 24 SC-QAMs let alone the upcoming OFDM block for DOCSIS 3.1, so in some areas customers are being made aware of upgrades to be done that will cause outages as equipment needs to be replaced within cabinets.

Another major driver is upstream bandwidth. More and more of that is needed too, VM are wanting to get 4 upstream channels bonded.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Aug-17 08:21:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:

No idea who you're speaking to but there's a list of expected resolution dates.

The vast majority of the issues are due to delays in deploying the new CMTS and, occasionally, issues with splitting nodes.

These are both due to the same root causes - lack of power / space / cooling in hubsites preventing installation of new CMTS and/or transmission kit. I've no idea if Newport or Newport East are impacted as I don't have the list in question, though I imagine Mr Saffron would know if hosts with DNS newp or newe are suffering.

Nothing that interesting really, all very practical and mundane. Not sure what conspiracy theories you were told.

On the upside your move out of the area to one without VM should make it a non-issue in any event.

Jees, you really get offended don't you when someone goes to someone else for advice, I apologise for that.

No conspiracy theory, just facts based on what I have seen and was told, and it all fits.

Yes a move to a non VM area would sort the issue, If I didn't own this house too and rent it to 5 people when I am not here, And for that I need 2 FTTC lines or a decent VM line. (in fact this house has a VM white box in every room, believe it or not. Some still connected and some not.

So I can still find out what VM are doing about it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to