User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-Nov-17 15:01:34
Print Post

Re: STOP LYING VIRGIN!!

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

"OP would be better off reaching out to VM "

Or just calming down and putting the bumf in the bin. Speed isn't everything!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Nov-17 08:38:41
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robertcrowther:
When you say that VM are lying to you, is that because the mailing is addressed to you or is just a case of getting a general flyer put through the door?

If you are getting a letter addressed to you from VM then you can say they are lying to you if you can't get that speed.

On the other hand, if it's just a general flyer that is being put through the door then your grievance is with the people who have put the flyer through your door and not VM directly.

Yes the letter is addressed to me offering me a £454 discount over 18 months and quotes a package for 300mbps - not up to it actually says 300mbps as part of the amazing package. It's for 300mbps "Vivid" a V6 box and a load of channels I get free but hardly watch anyway.

Daemon, round here 3mbps is amazing if you can get it on VM's network. trust me i've tried.

No one ever could tell me why our area was downgraded. Does annoy me when there is talk of more speeds etc that's all.

I guess I do need to shut up and like broadband666 says it's not all about speed, There is decent FTTC around here so that's where my time attention and cash should be going to.

The end..

And I am fine thanks Igni smile

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 11-Nov-17 08:42:24)

Standard User bellamob
(newbie) Sat 11-Nov-17 10:38:22
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Are these better for you?

https://files.fm/f/j2qbbx7z

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Nov-17 11:20:38
Print Post

[re: bellamob] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bellamob:

They are lovely, thanks for that smile
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Nov-17 11:25:26
Print Post

[re: bellamob] [link to this post]

Aylesbury Vale Broadband?

inetnum: 185.111.224.0 - 185.111.225.255
netname: Aylesbury_Vale_Broadband--IPv4_customer_pool_1A
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Nov-17 11:30:43
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
No one ever could tell me why our area was downgraded. Does annoy me when there is talk of more speeds etc that's all.

Thought someone had told you there wasn't enough capacity to deliver 300Mb so, due to the bad PR from Watchdog and the upcoming changes to advertising where VM will have to ensure the median customer is getting full speed, not just the top 10%, the product was withdrawn until additional capacity had been added.

VM have swung the other way and are now refusing to release 300/350Mb even when it wouldn't be a problem.

Frustrating, but VM wouldn't be the first and won't be the last cable company that offers different speeds in different areas. Combination of paranoia, dodgy policy, not enough cash around to get things done and slow / [censored] implementation.

Even on business services it's the same story - 200/20 is as high as they go here, while in some areas there's adequate capacity to sell 350/35 or even 500/50.

Think they're hoovering up the worst areas and resolving those rather than pushing out maximum speeds.
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Sat 11-Nov-17 11:33:21
Print Post

I've heard a lot of rumours that AVB won't be around much longer especially after all the financial issues they are having and management.
Standard User RapsterUK
(learned) Sat 11-Nov-17 11:50:21
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

And who are AVB...?

You've made me feel as if I've missed something...

VM 100/6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Nov-17 12:07:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:

Thought someone had told you there wasn't enough capacity to deliver 300Mb so, due to the bad PR from Watchdog and the upcoming changes to advertising where VM will have to ensure the median customer is getting full speed, not just the top 10%, the product was withdrawn until additional capacity had been added.

VM have swung the other way and are now refusing to release 300/350Mb even when it wouldn't be a problem.

Frustrating, but VM wouldn't be the first and won't be the last cable company that offers different speeds in different areas. Combination of paranoia, dodgy policy, not enough cash around to get things done and slow / [censored] implementation.

Even on business services it's the same story - 200/20 is as high as they go here, while in some areas there's adequate capacity to sell 350/35 or even 500/50.

Think they're hoovering up the worst areas and resolving those rather than pushing out maximum speeds.

The last time we spoke you said you would try to find out, But I appreciate you are busy. That explanation is good enough for me. Thank you smile
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Nov-17 12:08:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:

Aylesbury Vale Broadband?

inetnum: 185.111.224.0 - 185.111.225.255
netname: Aylesbury_Vale_Broadband--IPv4_customer_pool_1A

Can't be? they only do 300/300 according to the website ?

https://www.avbroadband.co.uk/

Unless it's an unlisted business package

"(if your use is excessive we will contact you and may reduce your speed but we will not charge you). "

Seems even £135 a month for 300/300 has a limit.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 11-Nov-17 12:09:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to