User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Tue 20-Feb-18 08:03:26
Print Post

24 channels on downstream

[link to this post]

I've not seen anyone here mention it, but the recent firmware upgrade that altered the BQM stats, also seems to have enabled 24 channels on the downstream for my Superhub 3.0, anyone else seen this increase from the 20 they brought in with the VIVID 350 product?
Standard User Daemon66
(member) Tue 20-Feb-18 08:50:55
Print Post

Re: 24 channels on downstream

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

I haven't seen the new firmware yet but I don't find it surprising. I'm not sure they are directly linked but since the issue the new firmware is supposed to ameliorate is directly related to the number of channels it makes sense they would try to ensure the update happens before a channel increase.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Feb-18 09:08:07
Print Post

The firmware update isn't related to the channel count, the SH3 has always been capable of 24 channels. Some areas have been on 24 for a while, my own included. Indeed some are on as many as 32 channels now, with an individual hub locking to 24 of them.

This upgrade was done for capacity reasons. The move to 24 added another 200Mb shared bandwidth to the area.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Tue 20-Feb-18 10:08:24
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
The firmware update isn't related to the channel count, the SH3 has always been capable of 24 channels. Some areas have been on 24 for a while, my own included. Indeed some are on as many as 32 channels now, with an individual hub locking to 24 of them.

This upgrade was done for capacity reasons. The move to 24 added another 200Mb shared bandwidth to the area.

Thanks for the insight. I only noticed this morning when logging in to check some bits.
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Feb-18 18:05:04
Print Post

I have 24 down and 24 bonded channels also... 2 up and 2 bonded..

https://imgur.com/a/mOqfZ

https://imgur.com/a/dsE3h

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Feb-18 19:33:07
Print Post

Yes I have 24 down and 6 up. Had it for months
  Print Thread

Jump to