User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Mar-18 10:06:01
Print Post

What is happening in London E15?

[link to this post]

I have just been speaking to a friend who lives in E15 to be told that she has been without any sort of Virgin connection, phone, broadband or TV since the beginning of March. What is happening? Until a few days ago she was being told that it would be fixed by the 25th and now this has changed to 1st April. To me not being a VM customer this sounds astonishing. What has happened? What sort of compensation should she expect as a result of such a catastrophic failure to provide any sort of service for the best part of a month?
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Tue 27-Mar-18 13:09:24
Print Post

Re: What is happening in London E15?

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Sounds like a break or several breaks in a cable some where that's needed some dig work to be authorised by the local authority.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-Mar-18 13:29:22
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

But that should be covered under an emergency permit, so days to organise not weeks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Mar-18 14:49:14
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Depends on location, question may have been, does this represent a danger to health? i.e. gas leak at busy junction goes ahead for fix very very quick, for broadband they may want to shift the repair to a more opportune moment.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Thu 29-Mar-18 14:59:40
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I don't think telecommunications is covered under emergency works, unless it affects a vast user base. As this appears to be isolated to the E15 area, it's not a major outage.

A major outage would be like the Talk Talk cable break back in 2013 in London, that took down the whole of their back bone.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Mar-18 07:57:14
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

I believe they are, see this post.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19668.msg367...

Zico works for KCC in the permits department. It raised concerns as Virgin Media wasn't actually live so technically a customer was not without service as the permit implied. I also often see permits stating customer with out service.

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Mar-18 18:53:14
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Update: Service restored today, 30 March, a break of over three weeks without telephone, TV or broadband. Not a particularly good advertisement for VM even if the initial cause was outside of their control. The cause may or may not have been due to an LV mains cable break in Leytonstone Road.
  Print Thread

Jump to