User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User francisuk25
(regular) Sun 08-Apr-18 02:43:56
Print Post

broadband constantly dropping in out daily Edgware area

[link to this post]

The the last few days i have been having constant dropping in and out issues with the Hub 3, Its all my devices such a my desktop PC and my Xbox One is all hooked up via Ethernet/LAN cable within a cat6 cable, There are two mobiles that are all connected via WiFi with the 2.4GHz band and also tryed to factory resetting the Hub 3 but no luck so far, However an virgin media tech enginner come to my flat easter monday and told me my power level are within range as is between and told me theres nothing he could do to help so i called back 151 he come saturday just gone and then he replaced the Hub 3 and checked my local cabinet that im connected to and said everything at the cabinet was fiine!

SInce there nothing he could do Is anyone within Edgware/Mill Hill HA8/NW7 postcode area that is having the same issues as me?
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-W...
Also have ping graphs on this link above

Virgin Media 50Mb/3Mb Broadband, Tivo M+ TV package
1.1mi distance to Mill Hill Exchange, Previously FTTC with Sky LLU synced @ 66/15
http://www.cellmapper.net

Edited by francisuk25 (Sun 08-Apr-18 02:46:03)

Standard User VMgwid
(newbie) Sun 06-May-18 18:49:05
Print Post

Re: broadband constantly dropping in out daily Edgware area

[re: francisuk25] [link to this post]

I have been getting random disconnects too for last week. Have to reboot router then its back. No issues show on the Test connection on VM website.
(Bedfordshire area 100mb, just 1 pc via ethernet, no wifi enabled on hub3.

Edited by VMgwid (Sun 06-May-18 18:50:19)

Standard User IAmATeaf
(regular) Fri 08-Jun-18 16:12:06
Print Post

[re: francisuk25] [link to this post]

I'm in the HA7 area, so not that near you but my area has got a high utilisation fault/call logged, it was logged back in August last year and has a current review date of July. I get constant slow downs, high latency and dropped packets, especially between 4pm and 11pm.

To date Virgin have done nothing except push back review dates. There is a complete lack of info as nobody within Virgin seem to know when this will be looked at never mind being fixed.

Regards

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TopDog
(committed) Tue 24-Jul-18 14:12:25
Print Post

[re: IAmATeaf] [link to this post]

I am in the HA7 area and I have had three 15 minute outages for three days in a row now since Sunday. Online status checker said everything was fine so called them up today and they acknowledged the problem and also very quickly the online status checker had also picked up the fault.

Person on the phone said fault was logged and engineer was going to look at it.

They said it was an area wide outage and the service did come back 15-20 minutes later. I am not sure whether they have actually fixed a problem or things have just fixed themselves. My ping monitor shows the outages so I will have to keep an eye on it. Just very inconvenient to have in the middle of the day.

---

TopDog
Virgin Media 50mb
  Print Thread

Jump to