User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Oct-18 22:06:04
Print Post

Re: Opening ports on a Super Hub 3

[re: geoffchesh] [link to this post]

Until the device has an IP address so you know where to forward ports you cannot set up port forwarding

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Oct-18 22:38:32
Print Post

As a last resort try a different router perhaps? (put the Virgin router in bridge mode and connect the new router to it)

Things like wifi doorbells are designed to be very easy to setup and you shouldn't really have to play around with port settings on the router to make it work. Otherwise it would scare off 99% of potential buyers. FWIW I have the Skybell (one of the first wifi doorbells to be released) and it was an absolute doddle to setup - i certainly didn't have to faff around with port settings in order to get it working.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 30-Oct-18 22:38:58)

Standard User mking90031
(newbie) Tue 30-Oct-18 22:49:52
Print Post

Hi,

Just my 2 cents worth....but have you tried setting up a temporary hotspot on one of you iPhones and seeing if Ring can connect to that? If it can and works successfully then it means there is a problem with your Hub (although you state that other devices function fine so unlikely). However if it doesn't connect to the hotspot then you can be pretty sure that there must be a problem with the Ring system and should, probably, return it ASAP.

HTH,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 330Mb/sec Down & 20Mb/sec Up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User geoffchesh
(newbie) Wed 31-Oct-18 05:46:56
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

That's a good suggestion - I'll try that

Thanks
Standard User geoffchesh
(newbie) Wed 31-Oct-18 05:47:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Mmmm - I think I am getting to that point too
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Nov-18 08:23:48
Print Post

Have you tried changing the password on your WiFi network, also the type of encryption, the chanel the WiFi is on and even the network name can cause issues.

I'd try changing each of the above one at a time.

I had to change our WiFi password as our Amazon Echo refused to connect, as did a smart plug.I realised the issue as they would connect to our guess WiFi.

Edited by R0NSKI (Sun 04-Nov-18 08:25:03)

Standard User dwg1
(learned) Mon 05-Nov-18 00:16:58
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Something as simple as having bluettoth enabled on a nearby device could cause interference (assuming you are trying to connect on the 2.4G band). Changing channels on the router could make all the difference.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to