User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Mon 15-Feb-16 22:59:25
Print Post

Connection fee £39 - migrations?

[link to this post]

Simple question, does the £39 one off fee apply to migrations too?

I've already got fibre, I don't expect to pay to migrate.

Kris

BT Infinity
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User Drew_M
(regular) Thu 18-Feb-16 13:32:03
Print Post

Re: Connection fee £39 - migrations?

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

I would expect so, yes. In the good old days, migrations were free because BT Wholesale charged £10 (Or there abouts) for a migration, so it was waived. These days Open Reach charge full installation price for a FTTC migration and restarting the minimum contract period so many (most?) are passing this back on by processing migrations as if they were new orders.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 18-Feb-16 13:50:31
Print Post

[re: Drew_M] [link to this post]

Not sure that is correct

See https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/prici...

£11 + VAT migration charge since July 2014, and contract term is 1 month for migrated lines versus 12 month for new FTTC service.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Feb-16 16:11:48
Print Post

[re: Drew_M] [link to this post]

BT openreach /wholesale only charge the £11.00 fee for FTTC migrations if the service has been live for at least 12mths, and if same type so BTW to BTW or GEA to GEA FTTC , not sure of the fee if say migrating from TT or Sky llu (GEA ) to BTW though ,

Plusnet also charge the full fee of £50 if you don't bundle the line rental

I have noticed a distinct lack of providers passing on these changes in particular the 1 month min term ,certainly all the big players aren't going of offer a 1mth min term , but i had thought that some of the smaller ISP's would of done this for incoming FTTC migrations , maybe it's too much of a headache for them to include this on their web sites in a non confusing way??? I would contact the organ grinder and basically ask them about both, you can loose nothing by asking

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 18-Feb-16 16:21:15)

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Mon 22-Feb-16 13:24:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Also aren't Vodafone contracting Openreach to conduct the work as Vodafone do have their own equipment in some exchanges?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 22-Feb-16 13:35:02
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

The majority of places where Vodafone offer FTTC has the data picked up at an exchange where Vodafone is its own backhaul kit.

Hence why the Openreach pricelist rather than BT Wholesale is the most relevant one.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to