User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrchris76
(newbie) Fri 15-Apr-16 15:11:33
Print Post

Fail - ordering Vodafone Fibre Broadband

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Had to sign up just to share my recent experience of attempting to order Vodafone Fibre broadband.

Attempted to order on line via website, got through to final steps and ended up in a loop and couldn't complete. So I called up the order line got someone who put the order through, very helpful. Next day received the router. No emails or any other confirmation of successful order being place, nothing.

Called up 2 days later to find out an activation date as I wasn't given one. Ended up going in loops around various automated call systems most of which are geared towards mobile phone account holders. Gave up and tried the web chat on the web site. Got to someone, gave the order number, asked my question on activation date. Told order was rejected! Asked if I wanted to put it through again... to which I replied NO THANK YOU I will go elsewhere (chose Zen).

So, hopefully others have a better experience than I did. Did not bode well though, makes me wonder what would happen should I get service and experienced any problems. I suspect I would lose some hair.

Cheers

- mrchris76
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Apr-16 10:00:43
Print Post

Re: Fail - ordering Vodafone Fibre Broadband

[re: mrchris76] [link to this post]

i think I will stay clear then when my plusnet contract ends. I keep getting emails and letters from them, the latest letter have Save while you stream for 12 months.
I did get phone calls from them until I blocked their number, I think they still phone but they get my voice mail message.

I did think about them, but their router puts me off that I can not change it and also once the 12 months are up they are no cheaper than who I am with and I doubt they will be any better, these big providers all seems to be naff.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to