User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BarkingMad
(learned) Sat 28-May-16 17:56:01
Print Post

Vodafone - any good?

[link to this post]

Currently got a BT TV box but only pay for movies on demand. I underatand the box will still work on non BT networks (e.g. Iplayer etc). Currently on Inf1 @ 40GB paying £16.90

BT are offering me

Unlimited Inf 1 for 24month @ £18 (£432) or limited 45GB Inf1 for 24 month @ £17 (£408)

It would seem a no brainer to switch and take the unlimited and protect against further rises for thext 2 years, but I'm a Vodafone mobile customer and they are offering https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals Infinitry 1 (only 38 product - that's about my maximum at the moment) for 12 month @ £0 and then 6 month @ £15 (£180 over 24 month - assuming price does not increase). Also get eve+weekend calls, the usualy 01,02,03, free caller display, Voicemail. It looks tempting.

Is the VF service any good? Any other suggestions to work around the BT price hike?

Thanks

BarkingMad
Standard User BarkingMad
(learned) Mon 30-May-16 11:45:24
Print Post

Re: Vodafone - any good?

[re: BarkingMad] [link to this post]

The slience suggests that it isn't a widely used provider. I'll probably look elsewhere. Price isn't everything. Thans=ks.
Standard User zhango
(regular) Mon 30-May-16 11:54:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by BarkingMad:
It would seem a no brainer to switch and take the unlimited and protect against further rises for thext 2 years,

Are you sure BT have excluded the deal from price rises? I took a BT deal for 12 months Inf 1 @ £10/month but they will be increasing price within the 12month period as annnounced recently.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-May-16 12:27:58
Print Post

Have you seen what BT offer you at https://www.bt.com/myoffer ?

Not sure if it is a factor for you but with Vodafone I believe you have to use their modem/router..
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-May-16 13:54:24
Print Post

It would seem a no brainer to switch and take the unlimited and protect against further rises for thext 2 years

It doesn't work that way unless there is a product that lets you pay the total for 24 months in advance, a bit like the line rental saver product some SPs offer where you pay the 12 months line rental upfront for a small saving on paying it monthly.

plusnet user
Standard User BarkingMad
(learned) Mon 30-May-16 14:56:08
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Apprentice & Zhango

Good point. Just read the small print in the "my offers". My prices are from the "my offers". I'm in contract so I don't have too much negotiation power - although I can escape due to price increases. I gave notice to move yesterday and so I have a 30 day cancellation window open. Pulse8 seems reasonable - and haven't changed their prices for a long time.

gt94sss2:

Yes, I'd read that I would need to use their router.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-May-16 15:51:32
Print Post

On the BT side, it might be worth calling them and speaking to their customer options team.

Some other customers have been offered unlimited BT Infinity 1 for £10/month (12 month period) via the 'My Offers site' - and see if they will beat the deal you are being offered online
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Mon 30-May-16 21:37:23
Print Post

Would not let lack of reviews put you off re Vodafone. Pulse8 were reliatively unknown until 6 months ago, have good rreviews now.
Vodafone are on the old CandW network, worth a chat with them. at those prices.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-May-16 21:49:41
Print Post

The thing is Vodafone is pretty new to this broadband thing and a lot of people on here would still be in contracts, you would really need to ask in a forum with more people on.

I know of someone who is on Vodafone broadband and they seem ok with it, they say it is no worse or better than any other large provider, but they do not like the router, but then they never like routers supplied by the ISP they prefer their own and Vodafone do not allow it.
Also the so called beam technology only really works with devices that are 802.11ac.

But as an ISP they say it is fine.

i keep being pestered by them as I use them for my mobile phone, i have tried to get them to stop, but they still pester me to use their broadband service. i am still in contract with plusnet and to be honest I am not sure if I will be Vodafone for their mobile network in a few months time never mind wanting to use their broadband service.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User BarkingMad
(learned) Mon 30-May-16 22:27:33
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Thanks gt94sss2, my neighbour had some success using my offer price as a benchmark (£6 less than their offer) so I will call them. It is easier to keep a customer than to gain a customer.

Thanks flippery and zyborg47, I will have a chat to vf because they are good prices and as you say, relatively new. I am a vf mobile customer and they are adamant that my high street has a 4g signal although my phone shows E at best. I have lived with this because of the other features (tethering and use of data/mins abroad for a reasonable amount) but I don't want a bad BB service smile. I'll ask on other forums to see if there is any better view
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to