User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mbames
(member) Fri 08-Jul-16 09:34:31
Print Post

Re: Vodafone router

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

That is disappointing news, but fully understandable. Probably a lucky escape!

and surprise surprise, Vodacretins never phoned me back. Guess I'll stick to my much more reliable and working Sky solution smile

Sky Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-700
(Gone but not forgotten: 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User philippercival
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Jul-16 11:01:19
Print Post

[re: arendall667] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by arendall667:
A quick Google search shows that many many other Vodafone users have had no luck what so ever using another router over a number of months.

True, but most were quite old and many indicated that Vodafone might be changing. Hence my calls to their CS who assured me various things were possible.

I also read comments from various users who said that the router was the best that they had ever had.

Rather like the ISP forums here, you have to be careful interpreting them as on the whole happy customers do not post, so it is rather a case of comparing ISPs on the basis of how many unhappy customers they have.

Standard User brandscill
(experienced) Fri 08-Jul-16 13:02:16
Print Post

Same reason I bottled out.

Got the router before they put the cancellation through though and it looks like a smart piece of kit. They told me they've dispatched a returns bag for it but nothing yet.

Plus Net - 40/20

Edited by brandscill (Fri 08-Jul-16 13:03:29)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 09-Jul-16 21:37:45
Print Post

That is a shame, but if it don't do what you want then no point going for it.
I have just had another leaflet delivered offering me fibre for £7.50 a month. the problem of not being able to use my own router would certainly put me off vodafone. the problem with this is that if their router goes down you have to wait until they send another to get back online, at least if they allow another router I can use one of the ones I have got.
At the moment I am using the one I had from plusnet as my TPlink is playing up, but I will be looking for another router if I can not get the TP link one going.

I am not sure now about moving providers, Price wise, plusnet still seems to be the cheapest and while they have downgraded the upload speed I could not get it anyway. I will not enter into another contract i will just carry on as i am and if I do find something better I can go.

As for email, best not to use on from a provider anyway, if you move provider you lose that email address. Plenty of free ones, GMXis a good one.
i used to use it before I got my domain

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to