User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Aug-16 19:34:09
Print Post

Thinking of switching

[link to this post]

The Vodaphone fibre price is very attractive (£28 no line rental charge). The only real problem is : Is technical support any good ?

Now with plusnet
Twitter
Vote Leave!
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-Aug-16 22:54:47
Print Post

Re: Thinking of switching

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

If their support is as good with their broadband as it is with their mobile network, then no, it is not good.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Aug-16 10:33:33
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

They seem pretty good, with UK based phone support and staff are reasonably clued up based on my pre-sales questions to their technical level 2 support. They are now giving out usernames & passwords so that you can use your own router provided you make it clear that you take full reponsibility for using your own equipment. I may take out a second FTTC line on their Business offering soon, mainly to get a static IP address and SLA where faults are fixed within 1 working day.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Powered by Asus RT-AC5300
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Aug-16 17:01:56
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Talk Talk pre-sales are good, but once they have you their customer service is dismal, so you can not go by that.
Vodafone customer service is almost as bad as Talk Talk, well their mobile phone customer service is anyway and I can not see their broadband Cs being any better. while I do not have many problems with my phone service, I will never ring them now, I go to the shop, at least they know what they are on about.

As for vodafone giving out username and passwords, it is still hit and miss by all accounts.

Saying all of that I did look at moving to Vodafone from plusnet, but the savings would be lost on the connection fee.l

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 19-Aug-16 17:39:45
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Charges look like a problem
18-month agreement. Subject to credit check, acceptance & availability in your area. Vodafone Broadband app & compatible Android/iOS device required to use full functionality. No line rental charges available on new and upgrading fibre broadband products only. £18 a month line rental applies to Vodafone Unlimited Standard 17 Broadband. Payment by direct debit required. Connection charges may apply: New line provision £60 and/or fibre activation £49. Router delivery charge £6.99. Other upfront set-up costs may apply. Existing customer discount will be removed if you're no longer a Vodafone mobile customer.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-Aug-16 18:26:02
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Vodafone customer service is almost as bad as Talk Talk, well their mobile phone customer service is anyway and I can not see their broadband Cs being any better.

I think you're confusing VF's mobile support with their broadband support team. They are totally separate divisions and they have nothing to do with one another. Anyway i didn't speak to their sales team, i managed to speak to someone in their technical support team and they were pretty good. Most, if not all ISPs will give you the middle finger if you (as a non-customer) wish to directly speak with their technical team, but VF were happy for me to speak to their level 2 technical support.

Also I understand Vodafone have multiple 10gb/s bandwidth 'pipes' at exchanges they've LLU'd compared to 1gb/s pipes which the likes of Sky and TalkTalk have so exchange congestion is virtually unheard of on Vodafone VDSL2/ADSL2+, that's assuming VF have their equipment in your exchange.

TalkTalk Business 80/20