User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-16 10:51:15
Print Post

Quick Question

[link to this post]

Hi, I'm considering moving from Plusnet to Vodafone BB, I notice from their website that there is a £49 'Activation charge' Do I still get charged that if I am migrating in?

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Fri 04-Nov-16 20:01:10
Print Post

Re: Quick Question

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

I don't know, but anyway, if I had decided to join, I would ring them and say 'I will join now if you waive the activation fee', You could always place a web order, if that does not work.

Michael Chare
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Nov-16 16:55:12
Print Post

You will still get charged, but only after the initial monthly bill - not at sign-up.

Having moved from PlusNet, they did cause a few problems in that the complained that Vodafone didn't tell them about moving the broadband (which Vodafone did). A letter I received did seem to indicate that PlusNet wanted to take broadband back, but a quick online chat soon sorted that out - plus a refund for charging for one month of non-use...

Its been going very well with Vodafone. Including the price of rental plus internet is the correct thing to do.

Unlink PlusNet, you can also pay before the actual payment date, and it appears that you can pay more than needed too (that will be tested early next month smile )

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 10-Nov-16 17:46:37
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Are you still using the Vodafone router, and if so has it been completely stable? Have you ever had to restart it for any reason?

Michael Chare
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Nov-16 21:37:40
Print Post

Thanks for that. From the rest of your post it looks as though a close eye needs keeping on Plusnet during the migration.

I think I have pretty much decided to go with Vodafone now, I have just checked my BQM for yesterday and it seems that the packet loss has returned. (though nowhere near as bad as before but it is there). Browsing seems generally sluggish too, on many websites. Internet connected apps on my iPad seem sluggish also. (though that could be the iPad itself - I'm not absolutely sure).

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Nov-16 11:57:40
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Oh yes. have to use the Vodafone router - Vodafone wont give me the router details smile

It seems to be completely stable. I only reset it when the firmware update was installed.

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Nov-16 11:58:28
Print Post

Yes, might be an idea to keep an eye on PlusNet smile

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Nov-16 19:49:54
Print Post

Another question, could you login to the 'MyVodafone' page to track your order? I get a Java null pointer exception if I try.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Nov-16 09:57:53
Print Post

If I remember correctly, I could log in (had created an account earlier), but no progress was shown.

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
  Print Thread

Jump to