User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ste211270
(regular) Sat 26-Nov-16 04:07:35
Print Post

Re: Trying to place an order for fibre 78 with Vodafone...

[re: wy2k] [link to this post]

No mate get the same as Thehorseman
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Nov-16 14:32:14
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

What Java error message do you get ?

The annoyance with My Vodafone is it is always a two factor log-in system, which is annoying if you don't have a phone around.

I think customer service (both phone and on-line chat is very good), and the good news is that you can pay more than needed too.

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
Standard User mbames
(member) Sat 26-Nov-16 16:09:52
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:
The annoyance with My Vodafone is it is always a two factor log-in system, which is annoying if you don't have a phone around.

I often find that the 2nd factor text message might take 10 minutes to arrive, other times it can be instant. A bit of a pain when you just want a sneaky login at work!

Sky Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-700
(Gone but not forgotten: 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Sat 26-Nov-16 17:32:32
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mbames:
In reply to a post by MrTAToad2:

I often find that the 2nd factor text message might take 10 minutes to arrive, other times it can be instant. A bit of a pain when you just want a sneaky login at work!
Even more of a problem if you don't get a decent mobile phone signal. frown

Michael Chare
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Nov-16 17:41:49
Print Post

The error message is:

java.lang.NullPointerExcepition

ADF_FACES-60097:For more information, please see the server's error log for an entry beginning with ADF_FACES-60096:Server Exception during PPR, #456

I believe that Vodafone are aware of this error and are investigating.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile

Edited by TheHorseman (Sat 26-Nov-16 17:44:27)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 27-Nov-16 20:28:16
Print Post

Hipefully they'll hurry up and fix it!

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
Standard User wy2k
(committed) Wed 30-Nov-16 18:13:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by wy2k:
Well I hope it sorted out now, I was sent another e-mail i've from them before with a new order number and a new activation date of 12 Dec. It was 8th Dec before there was an issue with my order but at least it is going ahead *fingers crossed*.

One of the e-mails tells me how 'DPD' will be delivering my router,however it's not in the system yet i'm guessing as it claims my order number is invalid.

I'm not sure what is going on with 'my Vodafone' but hopefully its nothing to important.

Well got 2 router's today, one for the order the VF agent resubmitted for me and one for my original web order which had got struck in the system.
I called them about having 2 routers to check which one I needed to send back to them. They advised that a router gets put in the post automatically by the system when an order is created. They said keep the 2nd router till you know everything is working as they can switch things there end if the 1st router doesn't work and that I can phone them on my line going live date to check on progress if I want.
Impressed with VF customer service so far..lets hope it stays that way as and when I need them.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 04-Dec-16 13:16:29
Print Post

I think they are rather good too. There have been times when Livechat hasn't been available (when it should be), but the forums, whilst cluttered, are good too...

Now with Vodafone
Twitter
Working on BallZ #GO!
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-16 10:34:09
Print Post

They're not too bad, though the router is not as secure as it should be due to UPNP being on by default. The first day I was with them my house camera was hacked and my VOIP was hit by SIP VICIOUS.

UPNP is now off and is staying that way. A factory reset and change of username and passwords sorted the camera out. SIP VICIOUS has been blocked by changing the local SIP port.

Both the camera and VOIP have been in use since about 2006 without problems until the migration day. Not a coincidence I think.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra -> Vodafone 76
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User wy2k
(committed) Mon 05-Dec-16 11:52:55
Print Post

what is UPNP do I need it on to use my phone etc on wi-fi? or anything connected via network cable?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to