My experience of the Vodafone broadband and home phone service:
• Ordering the service took multiple attempts due to website issues.
• Several days later Vodafone cancelled the order after sending me a router.
• I called them and it was an error on their side, so they re-ordered the service including evening and weekend calls package.
• They sent me another router.
• Service was transferred from Sky. Phone seemed ok, but no broadband.
• Broadband turned out to be a BT issue that took 2 days to get sorted out.
• I spoke to their Customer Services who offered a 2 month refund on my rental.
• I received a bill. Vodafone were charging for time when I had no service.
• They had also debited my account for a sum, then credited it back for less.
• I didn’t have the evening and weekend calls package I ordered.
• Also, no refund on my rental.
• I then also found out that the service doesn’t have voicemail, despite the fact it was, and still is, advertised as having voicemail.
All the above happened in October / November last year. It has been reported, none of it has been fixed.
Finally I wrote to their CEO and got back a letter advising me to call their Tech support to solve my service interruptions. I have not complained about “service interruptions”.
The router they supply is junk. Wireless clients lose connectivity to wired devices like printer, NAS. The router still sees them all, but they cannot communicate without restarting the router. They won’t provide you with the username and password so that you can provide your own.
Broadband performance is poor. I have the 38/10Mbps service. Performance was good initially, but now is generally around 20Mbps but can go as low as 7Mbps downstream. Upstream is usually OK, but I don’t upload a great deal.
I absolutely regret moving to Vodafone, both from the perspective of a rubbish service and equally bad “customer service”.
My advice would be “don’t do it”.