User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nidave
(regular) Sun 03-Sep-17 17:50:46
Print Post

Vodafone Wifi issues

[link to this post]

I have no experience with Vodafone, one of my friends has signed up with them - but from what I have been reading its not really possible use your own router instead. - Does anyone know if the router (not fibre - waiting on the model) has a bridge mode? cant seem to find any information online.

They have really spotty wifi - have tried range extenders etc but I think its the router its self - so want to replace it with something with better coverage.

Any suggestions within the £100 mark would be great.

www.oberonuk.com - to blog or not to blog...
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 03-Sep-17 17:56:29
Print Post

Re: Vodafone Wifi issues

[re: nidave] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nidave:
from what I have been reading its not really possible use your own router instead.
Yes you can. You have to ask for your credentials from support and confirm you're going to use an approved router - one off this list http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/MCT.htm
Although you don't have to use it, you just have to say you are in order to get your credentials.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Sep-17 23:07:58
Print Post

The Vodafone router is a one box solution. You can't use it as just a modem nor can you use it as a router with an ethernet connection to a separate modem.

There are threads about using different equipment on the Vodafone forum. I have a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A which I plan to use. It has better Wifi than the Vodafone router and will be good enough for me. There are better Wifi products if that is important to you.

You should not encounter any problems getting your userid and password from Vodafone. If asked what equipment you will use you need to specify something on the BT SIN 498 approved list which cab be found here.

The userid is in the format dsl000999999.@broadband.vodafone.co.uk and the password is 8 characters.

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 04-Sep-17 08:39:48
Print Post

No need for bridge mode, just connect a wireless access point to a LAN port, and turn off the wireless in the Vodafone device, you'll still be relying on the modem and router modes of the Vodafone device

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to