User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User binary
(member) Mon 11-Dec-17 07:28:18
Print Post

Switching from EE to Vodafone - contradictory dates given

[link to this post]

Hi, a friend is switching landline & broadband provider from EE (standard ADSL) to Vodafone (fibre/FTTC) this week, however they have been given contradictory information about the switchover date.

The leaving letter from EE says the transfer date is 11 December (today), whilst the letter from Vodafone says the activation date is 14 December (Thursday). They have not yet received their new router from Vodafone.

I am assuming (hoping) that this information mismatch is just a bit of a mistake, and that the existing EE service will continue until Vodafone takes over later this week.

Any wise words of advice? Thanks!
Standard User mbames
(member) Mon 11-Dec-17 21:39:40
Print Post

Re: Switching from EE to Vodafone - contradictory dates give

[re: binary] [link to this post]

I'm switching from Sky to Voda, and they both are saying the same date, think it is something like 10 working days from when it is initiated.

Sky Fibre (40/10), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-700
(Gone but not forgotten: 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:06:07
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

10 days from initiation is not always the case, there is a 10 day period for responding to say no don't move me or I did not authorise this migration.

Migrations from point of order to happening vary a little but 2 to 3 weeks seems around the norm

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mml
(regular) Tue 12-Dec-17 13:07:05
Print Post

[re: binary] [link to this post]

One more thing re activation dates as given by Vodafone.
During order, they set a provisional activation date. They must confirm it with Openreach and the losing ISP, then they will know the confirmed activation date.
But! at least in my case, they continued to show the old, provisional date in the reminder texts and emails that the engineer will be coming etc etc. - and the engineer never came on that date.
The real date is shown in the letter they send you, and you can also call them to confirm it.
Re router, Vodafone will dispatch it 3 days before they plan to activate your service. You'll get a text from DPD confirming that.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 12-Dec-17 19:03:18
Print Post

[re: Mml] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Mml:
Re router, Vodafone will dispatch it 3 days before they plan to activate your service. You'll get a text from DPD confirming that.

In my case the router was sent out shortly after I placed an order and more than 4 weeks before the service was due to got live.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to