User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Thu 20-Sep-18 09:51:42
Print Post

Vodafone Modem/router - date/time

[link to this post]

I moved over to Vodafone Broadband/telephone service yesterday from BT and thankfully everything has gone smoothly so far.

The modem/router provided by Vodafone seems pretty good and has lots of information for the user, if they want it.

I've been keeping an eye on the log from the modem/router and have noticed that the date and time stamps are wrong. I've had a look around the various settings, but I cant find anywhere to change the date and the time.

Is the time set automatically from Vodafone's end, or can we set it in the modem/router?

I'm getting just about the same upload/download speeds as I was getting with BT, but at least half the price I was being charged by BT.... aint' competition great? smile
Standard User mbames
(member) Fri 21-Sep-18 21:10:32
Print Post

Re: Vodafone Modem/router - date/time

[re: sam_nospam] [link to this post]

I'd assume it would set its time off the internet.... as doesn't it support parental controls to stop the kids accessing the internet in the evening/etc?

Probably tried to get the time before it has synced up, but suspect it will pick up the time shortly.... how long has it been connected for?

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Fri 21-Sep-18 22:34:48
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mbames:
I'd assume it would set its time off the internet.... as doesn't it support parental controls to stop the kids accessing the internet in the evening/etc?

Probably tried to get the time before it has synced up, but suspect it will pick up the time shortly.... how long has it been connected for?

Hi .... thanks for the reply.

I got connected on Wednesday of this week ( 19 September ) and the modem/router has been running since then.

I've checked a few times but the date and time are still wrong.

I don't want to restart the box while it's in the 'training' period.... I'm hoping it will pick up the correct date/time after a restart? As it is, all the log entries have the wrong date/time stamp on them.

Cheers wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mbames
(member) Sat 22-Sep-18 18:59:27
Print Post

training isn't really a thing anymore.... let it reboot.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User sam_nospam
(committed) Mon 24-Sep-18 15:45:00
Print Post

UPDATE: - Vodafone Modem/router - date/time

Well, after about a week, the log in the Vodafone Modem/router has started to date and time stamp correctly.

I haven't restarted the box... it just suddenly started showing the correct date and time smile
  Print Thread

Jump to