User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mbames
(member) Tue 04-Dec-18 15:50:33
Print Post

Terrible tech support

[link to this post]

VF have an obvious slow down issue in my area in the evenings.

Raised a support ticket (about 2 weeks ago), which has required me to so all the chasing. Their tech2 team say the line is fine, syncing good (which I agree with), and that the problem is with my network port or Ethernet cable (I didn't realise these were scared of the dark), and that I need to swap my network cable and ports over to restore speed.

Weird how it works during the day, but not at night.

I've got very little option, but to play along with this stupidity, even though I have switched from my draytek kit for their manky black box.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Dec-18 19:21:04
Print Post

Re: Terrible tech support

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

Ask them to check the contention on the backhaul from the exchange. If there is significant contention they may release you from your contract. There is a thread on the Vodafone community forum about someone who managed to do this.

Michael Chare
Standard User mbames
(member) Tue 04-Dec-18 23:18:01
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

I've tried. They refuse to accept there is anything wrong. "Everything is green" they say

speedtest @23:15

When I first signed up they had terrible contention issues, but there were resolved, and here we are a year later and they are back. I guess they really do their best to thin provision on their exchange upgrades.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net

Edited by mbames (Tue 04-Dec-18 23:24:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Sun 09-Dec-18 21:56:33
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

Their router fried my connection, been trying to get them to reset the DLM etc, but to no avail. They refuse to acknowledge my issues and I can't claim a refund as I won't use their rubbish router.
  Print Thread

Jump to