User comments on ISPs
  >> Vodafone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mbames
(committed) Sun 10-Feb-19 16:47:18
Print Post

"No fault sir"

[link to this post]

Well that is interesting.... VF are claiming there is no fault and everything is working perfectly. However, I have just been released from my contact (runs till September) and given a several month-sized credit on my account.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User copex
(committed) Sun 10-Feb-19 16:59:17
Print Post

Re: "No fault sir"

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

well done, i'm waiting for a deadlock letter.
Standard User mbames
(committed) Sun 10-Feb-19 17:10:46
Print Post

[re: copex] [link to this post]

Thankfully I didn't have to go that far. I have just had a Sunday morning of posting on their forums so maybe that wound them up into making an offer.

I find it odd they tell me there is no issue (when I and others are reporting the exact same issues - all starting in late Nov / early Dec), but are then happy to pay me off! I assume that paying me off means no deadlock letter which looks better the stats with ofcom?

Just need to work out what to do, I have a mobile with them too, so the credit I can use against that bill if I want to. The 20Mbps upload speed is handy is when WFH and doesn't seem to be affected.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2

Speedtests:

Edited by mbames (Sun 10-Feb-19 17:53:55)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Mon 11-Feb-19 09:01:41
Print Post

Might be worth looking at the Three Home-Fi offering of £25 unlimited 4G+ data on a two year contract, if you live in their 4G coverage area the speeds tend to be in the region of 70/50.
Standard User mbames
(committed) Mon 11-Feb-19 10:28:34
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

I did wonder about that.... I've spent a few days tethered over VF 4g and that was quite a pleasant experience.

Do they do any weird NATing stuff? Being able to VPN back to home, and view CCTV remotely is most desirable.

Speedtests:
Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Mon 11-Feb-19 11:25:20
Print Post

Yeah I think they do CG-NAT or whatever its called. When I tether from my mobile when travelling, I use Google Remote Desktop to view CCTV and that works fine!

But as discussed in the other thread, I went with Ghost Gamer Broadband, which is part of Structured Communications, and my connection has been rock solid, 100% speed on both single and multi threaded 24/7, yes I pay a little bit more, but it's piece of mind for me.
Standard User andynormancx
(regular) Mon 11-Feb-19 14:08:31
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

If you use the Three SIM in a router that you can change the APN on, then you can change it to 3internet instead of three.co.uk

When you do that, the connection gets a public IP address and isn't CG-NATed.
Standard User mbames
(committed) Tue 12-Feb-19 15:05:14
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

oooh, this just appeared on the forums from an 'administrator' called Phil.

VF forums

Hi everyone,

I just want to reassure you all that our engineering teams are currently looking into this issue as a priority. Sorry for the inconvenience it causes.

To help find the cause of the issue, they've asked for your Samknows downstream data graph and Netflix graph for the period of 1 October 2018 to 31 December 2018. Please post it here so they can see it straight away. (We're aware it's not just Netflix related, but they have more information which is helping us narrow down the issue).

Thanks,

Phil

Speedtests:

Edited by mbames (Tue 12-Feb-19 15:06:05)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Feb-19 15:26:48
Print Post

When they talk about Netflix data it is referring to a single download stream i.e. akin to what we should in our streaming - tbbx1 test

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mbames
(committed) Tue 12-Feb-19 17:16:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Indeed Andrew, it does still seem to be very much route dependant as well.

I've just run TBB test and single is around 28Mbps and multi is 72Mbps

For what ever reason Netflix and Twitch users suffer really badly - fast.com tests show a single thread result of 4.1Mbps, which to be honest is greater than I normally see!

If you follow the link I posted to the VF forum previously you can see how my SamKnows box has monitored traffic for single thread and Netflix,.

Speedtests:
  Print Thread

Jump to