Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Jan-10 10:32:53
Print Post

Siemens 685 and Speedtouch 780wl

[link to this post]

Hi everyone

Can anyone help out, I know this router has VoIP built in to it but can you still use the Siemens 685IP phone with it?

I've got it all connected up and device says registered at this end and on the server BUT no incoming phone calls and I get number not in use BUT i've turned sipgate voicemail on and that works ok so it's obviously working ok as far as sipgate at least.

I know there was some jiggery pokery in telnet to get it working with the 585 I had anyone help me out here?
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Jan-10 10:53:22
Print Post

Re: Siemens 685 and Speedtouch 780wl

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Yay cracked it myself in the end

disabled the SIP ALG in the speedtouch 780 with the following command

{Administrator}[connection]=>appconfig application=SIP SIP_ALG=disabled
{Administrator}[connection]=>saveall

Then manually port forwarded ports 5060-5065 to the Siemens base and now all working laugh
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Thu 21-Jan-10 17:49:34
Print Post

If you had a router without Voip facility I assume that you would simply plug the phone into a LAN socket on the router and let the phone do the work. Conversely why not just plug an ordinary DECT phone into the speedtouch?

I comment solely out of curiosity as the Speedtouch is available cheaply now and I am thinking of getting one to experiment with.

Posting your own solution is always worth doing as sooner or later somebody else will have the same problem!

Meldrew

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User xilonet
(experienced) Thu 21-Jan-10 17:55:47
Print Post

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

No, if the router had no VoIP facility - you can't just plug a phone it.

You need either a router with a VoIP facility i.e one that can take a SIP service and provide ports like the 780WL... or a device such as an ATA that plugs in to the LAN of the router of which you then plug a phone in to.

Matt

-
xilodsl.net
t: 0800 848 8468
Official Maidenhead & Milton Keynes Speedtest.net Host
CPW LLU Pre-registration | Our current offers

Edited by xilonet (Thu 21-Jan-10 17:58:17)

Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Fri 22-Jan-10 18:50:34
Print Post

[re: xilonet] [link to this post]

I was asuming (wrongly?) that the phone in question had a built in ATA.

Meldrew
Standard User BipolarBear
(experienced) Fri 22-Jan-10 23:02:14
Print Post

The siemens 685IP has a built-in ATA, I had also assumed that was what the o/p was asking about, but i believe there is also a standard 685 model without the sip functionality.

edit: re-read original post. model is in fact 685IP. Irrelevant anyway as question has been answered - but for future reference and as the o/p found out first rule with sip devices is to always disable sip alg on your router.

--
O2 16M/1.3M - Virginmedia 50Mb

Edited by BipolarBear (Fri 22-Jan-10 23:07:41)

Standard User mark_s_lewis
(committed) Sat 23-Jan-10 18:06:38
Print Post

My S685IP works for both incoming and outgoing VoIP calls through a 780WL. I did not disable the SIP ALG in the 780WL. STUN is disabled for the VoIP connection on the S685IP.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Jan-10 07:47:25
Print Post

[re: mark_s_lewis] [link to this post]

Well all I can say is what did and didn't work for me, they both appeared as registered but incoming calls did not work
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Jan-10 07:48:57
Print Post

Simply because I got the Siemens 8 months ago and it was connected to a Speedtouch 585v6 that recently passed away (after 4 years service) and the 780 I got from ebay for £15 delivered laugh
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Jan-10 07:54:49
Print Post

[re: BipolarBear] [link to this post]

Cheers I had googled it beforehand and not found what I was looking for but then had another look and found the answer.

I remember having to do something similar with the 585 when I first connected it all up.

On a side note the 685IP is an awesome phone I currently have about 5 VoIP lines config'd to it along with my landline and I like the way you can name each connection so that it tells you which one is ringing
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to