Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User met68
(regular) Thu 01-Sep-11 10:59:29
Print Post

Avoid VoipTalk

[link to this post]

Have been with VoipTalk for 2 years now on their VoipTalk 1000 package and was quite happy with them.

However, they have now started randomly charging for calls which should not be charged under the plan.

I raised an online ticket regarding this issue a week ago and have not heard anything back.

I called them trying to resolve the matter over the phone, but they claimed the calls that were charged were outside of the plan - when very obviously they are not.

I then asked to speak with a manager and was told he would call me back yesterday. He did not do so. I called again today and was told I could not speak with a manager but should instead send them the CDR's in question. What a joke, the telco asks the customer to send them the blling CDR's for the disputed calls?

I have now decided to leave VoipTalk and would recommend that people avoid them as a VOIP provider.

I will either take a BT call package or would welcome any recommendations for alternative VOIP providers. Have tried Sipgate in the past and was not impressed with the reliability of their call quality.

Mark
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Sep-11 11:33:56
Print Post

Re: Avoid VoipTalk

[re: met68] [link to this post]

I've been using Voipfone since around October 2005, whilst in the early days the service could be a bit flaky, now it is fine and just works. I should say that we do not make many calls but when we need to it works.

Support is also quite good, they do actually get back to you. Usually within a few hours.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User medwayman
(experienced) Thu 01-Sep-11 17:54:09
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

Second Voipfone. The flakiness was a good few years back, and has been solid for a long time now.

If you want to shop around, take a look at the member list here:

http://www.itspa.org.uk/members.html

They are bound by a code of practice, and you get a guarantee that you won't lose your incoming number if a member ceases trading.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User masudb
(newbie) Thu 15-Sep-11 10:13:37
Print Post

We've been with voiptalk for 5 years and we've always had the few issues we have had resolved pretty quickly. We even have an account manager. I'm not sure how much the package you mention costs but I'd bet it's pretty cheap so I guess the support isn't their premier level either.
Standard User SmallFry
(regular) Tue 20-Sep-11 21:05:26
Print Post

I have been using VOIPFONE for a few years now with minimal problems.
Standard User rbennett
(newbie) Sun 25-Sep-11 11:33:46
Print Post

I've had VoIPtalk for around a year - does what it says on the tin. I had one issue but their support team quickly find the cause to be my broadband circuit (BT).
Standard User voipmajor
(newbie) Mon 26-Sep-11 14:29:10
Print Post

[re: medwayman] [link to this post]

We currently have 10 numbers with voiptalk (are they part of telapliant??) - 8 UK (2 ported) and 2 USA ones. Not had any issues so far and it's coming up to 2 years. Tried a few others including sipgate,voipfone, even Skype but they just didn't step up to our requirements.
  Print Thread

Jump to