Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jawdrops
(member) Tue 20-Dec-11 21:05:57
Print Post

VOIP on BT Infinity using Home Hub 2 Infinity version

[link to this post]

Hi,
First of all apologies if you've read this before as I first posted on the BT forum and then thought I may get a better response on a voip based one.

My local exchange has just been enabled and I've been offered BT Infinity. The main downside I see (aside from the cost) is that my Home Hub phones will no longer work with the new Home Hub router.

I've bought off eBay one of the early Home Hub 2.0 Infinity boxes that came with a Home Hub phone.

Question: has anyone had experience of having Infinity installed with a Home Hub 3, removing the hub and replacing it with the Home Hub 2.0 Infinity version and getting the BT talk service to work over the Home Hub phones?

Please I'm looking for actual experience not speculation - I can do that myself!

Thanx

jawdrops
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Dec-11 21:25:02
Print Post

Re: VOIP on BT Infinity using Home Hub 2 Infinity version

[re: jawdrops] [link to this post]

I would point out the HH2 only has an ADSL2+ WAN port, not the required Ethernet, but someone will wander along and describe whether it can work via a LAN port

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jawdrops
(member) Fri 23-Dec-11 01:20:11
Print Post

Re: VOIP on BT Infinity using Home Hub 2 Infinity version

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Andrew,
Not sure if we're at "cross purposes" here. The Home Hub 2 that I acquired was the Infinity version (with broadband through the Ethernet port no. 4). This was shipped prior to Home Hub 3 becoming available.

Any advice gladly received!

Regards
jawdrops

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to