Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cocoench
(newbie) Sun 03-Jun-12 15:03:24
Print Post

Orange Brightbox With Polycom VOIP

[link to this post]

Hi guys im new round here so bear with me

i had sky broadband and my polycom voip plugged into the back of my sky router for making calls and the phone worked fine, ive just switched to orange broadband and the VOIP phone is just crackly doesnt even connect properly.. now its only done this since i switched to orange and used the brightbox router, is there anything stopping me or a way round this as they have told me im in a 12month contract

regards

Edited by cocoench (Sun 03-Jun-12 15:04:25)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 15:34:08
Print Post

Re: Orange Brightbox With Polycom VOIP

[re: cocoench] [link to this post]

How are you plugging phone into BrightBox?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User cocoench
(newbie) Sun 03-Jun-12 15:50:05
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply!

The same way i did with my aky router ( 25m ethernet cable) attached to polycom one end and back of the router at the other

Wierd thing is when i restart the router the first call works fine then after that the connection seems to be crackly and not connect the call properly

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 16:00:49
Print Post

By "back of the router" I presume you mean one of the 4 Ethernet ports. That's the essential info you omitted frown

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User cocoench
(newbie) Sun 03-Jun-12 16:11:10
Print Post

? What do you mean? On the back of the brightbox i have 4 "lan" connections and the voip doesnt seem to work in any of them
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 16:21:08
Print Post

You're the one seeking help!

I'm asking you what you are connecting it to and you are not telling me. You are obviously not sticking it to the plastic casing, yet all you can say is "back of router". frown

You did say it did work once. So where was it connected then?

Standard User cocoench
(newbie) Sun 03-Jun-12 16:27:39
Print Post

I am not very tech so have to bear with me, in the aky router it was connected to the rear lan socket, i thought it would be exactly the same with the new orange box but plugging it into the lan socket on the orange router gave a fussy line after the first call and no connection where as with the sky router it just worked perfectly from the start, i cant use the sky router as it must be locked to sky.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jun-12 22:58:15
Print Post

Which Sky router? It may be unlockable.

But it may not be the router, but something to do with the Orange connection and how it treats VoIP calls.

Standard User cocoench
(newbie) Mon 04-Jun-12 11:56:58
Print Post

Its a sagemcom standard sky router doesnt seem to have a model on it, i hope its not the orange broadband as i wont be able to work from wednesday, i cant fid any posts about using voip with orange or the orange brightbox
  Print Thread

Jump to