Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Wed 03-Dec-14 20:32:24
Print Post

SipGate Closing 31/12/2014

[link to this post]

Hello

With Sipgate closing on the 31/12/2014 does anyone have any suggestions of a good VoIP Provider that offers PAYG services like Sipgate?

Email from SipGate:

Your sipgate basic residential phone service will end on 31/12/2014

SIP-ID:
Hi...

As sipgate will be focussing on our sipgate team business service, our sipgate basic residential service will close on the 31st December 2014.

What happens now?

Until the 31st December 2014 you will be able to credit your account and use your sipgate basic account as usual.

What happens on and after the 31st December 2014?
After the 31st December 2014 your basic account will still work, but it will no longer be possible to credit your account balance.
On the 31st January 2015, all sipgate basic services will cease:
You will no longer be able to make or receive calls with your sipgate basic account;
It will not be possible to login to your basic account at www.sipgate.co.uk;
999 Emergency Services will no longer be available via your sipgate basic account;
Call records and billing history will no longer be available.

Can I port my sipgate basic phone number(s) to another service provider?
Yes! To keep using your sipgate basic number after the sipgate basic service closes, you will need to transfer your number(s) to another service. To port your number off your sipgate basic account please contact your new service provider. They will handle the number transfer on your behalf.
You also have the option of transferring your sipgate basic phone number to our business phone service "sipgate team".

Contacts & Billing records:
Please be sure to download and save all account billing and call records you wish to retain before the closure of the sipgate basic service on 31st January 2015. You can download your account’s Contacts from your basic account as a PDF file or exported to a CSV file.

What will happen to the remaining credit balance on my sipgate basic account?
The remaining credit balance will be refunded. To get a refund of your account’s credit balance please send your PayPal email address and your account’s 7 digit SIPID to:
support@support.sipgate.co.uk

We greatly appreciate your custom and wish to ensure the closure of the sipgate basic service causes the minimum disruption to you. For further information feel free to email our customer support or visit our Help-Centre.

Best regards,
Your sipgate team

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 04-Dec-14 00:16:00
Print Post

Re: SipGate Closing 31/12/2014

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

Voipfone and AAISP would be two to consider. I have a Voipfone account but hardly use it. I plan to port my BT number to it early next year. When I do this there will be a £2pm charge.

I have not had a similar email from Sipgate.

Michael Chare
Standard User TMCR
(member) Thu 04-Dec-14 00:26:50
Print Post

I've not had the email either.

Virgin Cable (50/3)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 04-Dec-14 00:41:29
Print Post

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

Only came today.

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User kijoma
(committed) Thu 04-Dec-14 10:22:13
Print Post

voipfone.co.uk is the people we use as do our customers.

only had 2 small outages in ~3 years , quality service and you only pay for the facilities you need etc..

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE members
http://www.kijoma.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1975254274.png
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 04-Dec-14 16:28:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Tazz_uk:
Your sipgate basic residential phone service will end on 31/12/2014
Could it be that you have received this email because you have ported a BT landline to Sipgate? I do know that Sipgate have stopped accepting such ports.

Michael Chare
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Thu 04-Dec-14 17:02:55
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Not seen anything on their site, C Panel or twatter/farcebook - anyone else got this email? Spoke to AAISP today after reading the thread and they look pretty good if needed.
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Thu 04-Dec-14 19:03:52
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

No it is not because of that... feel free to contact them yourself... I got a reply about refund of credit today so they are well aware of it

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User Olly232
(member) Fri 05-Dec-14 20:47:32
Print Post

I've not had an email about this yet but they stopped accepting new registrations for the residential service so I guess the email will arrive soon.

I will need to port my number to another VOIP provider who allows two phones connected to the same number at different locations. i.e. home and office. Does anyone else provide that service? I don't really want or need PBX features.
Standard User tdw42
(newbie) Fri 05-Dec-14 23:49:55
Print Post

[re: Olly232] [link to this post]

I've been using AAISP for ~8 months with a single SIP device, I believe they allow upto ten devices to be registered simultaneously - http://www.aa.net.uk/kb-telecoms-sip.html

Gradwell are also worth a look, not sure if they support multiple registrations.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to