Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Woolwich
(member) Mon 31-Aug-15 18:13:33
Print Post

Sipgate or Voipfone or ? for small biz

[link to this post]

I know Sipgate cos I have a free 'line' with them (which I don't use a lot). Don't know any others, so...

Have office with around five people. Currently has PBX with one number and three lines in. Two other offices with single lines. Works okay. Want to spend less than on BT!

Need one Main Office user to also get their calls when at their Branch Office desk and also at the Other Office. I think this can be done with a virtual PBX. Can Sipgate and the like be set up so there are phones in different places and the users calls can follow him around without the Main Office having to worry if he's at Branch or Other? If you follow me! Want to transfer incoming call to his extension number and reach him in Main, Branch or Other office.

Between Sipgate and Voipfone, Voipfone seem cheaper - 7 extentions, 10 geo numbers and a call group would be about £18 whereas Sipgate would be £31 for 5 users and 6 geo numbers. OTOH Sipgate's all you can eat calls for £50 seems like a deal.

Most of the other providers I've found have either opaque pricing wise or don't look like good value (thinking of Gradwell).

Any advice or experiences?!

Thanks
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Mon 31-Aug-15 19:18:55
Print Post

Re: Sipgate or Voipfone or ? for small biz

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

Voipfone have very good support which would be a good reason for choosing them, and they are UK based. I can't comment on the Sipgate support as I have never tried to use it.

Michael Chare
Standard User mrvanx
(committed) Mon 31-Aug-15 20:51:57
Print Post

We use SIPGate basic for residential here, cutting BT out completely as we are using a rural WISP since they are unable/unwilling to supply our village with a decent service. (end of rant!!!)

We have two accounts working through a gigaset N300IP(A) and are very happy with it. The support are good, we had some issues topping up the credit which were resolved quick. They have a twitter feed for any service status announcements etc...

Havent used Voipfone but I have read good review for them aswell.

Moorsweb rural wireless broadband
12Mbit down / 7mbit up, great service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kijoma
(committed) Tue 01-Sep-15 10:08:25
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Sipgate servers i think are in Germany, vonage in the US and Voipfone in the UK.

A lot of our customers use Voipfone, it is a no brainer here really as UK based servers mean latency from our core router is in the lower single figure milliseconds and does not have to traverse continents.

For business use they have all the toys you need and they are pick and mix , use what you need etc..

Our own offices have been entirely Voipfone for many years , wouldn't ever go back to BT, none of our customers have wanted to go back either.

It is a breath of fresh air smile . Plus they also benefit more than most as unlike the majority of Broadband services, ours has no need for a BT line or line rental.

Bill Lewis - MD
Kijoma Broadband
Fixed wireless ISP - ISPA/CISAS/RIPE member
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Tue 01-Sep-15 12:03:33
Print Post

+1 for Voipfone

I have an account with them and they seem very good.

In fairness I don't use the landline (via VOIP) very much. I ditched a regular landline with Virgin Media as it became so expensive.

CJT.

Now On Virgin Media Up to 50Mbps
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Mon 28-Sep-15 12:06:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Woolwich:
I know Sipgate cos I have a free 'line' with them (which I don't use a lot). Don't know any others, so...

Have office with around five people. Currently has PBX with one number and three lines in. Two other offices with single lines. Works okay. Want to spend less than on BT!

Need one Main Office user to also get their calls when at their Branch Office desk and also at the Other Office. I think this can be done with a virtual PBX. Can Sipgate and the like be set up so there are phones in different places and the users calls can follow him around without the Main Office having to worry if he's at Branch or Other? If you follow me! Want to transfer incoming call to his extension number and reach him in Main, Branch or Other office.

Between Sipgate and Voipfone, Voipfone seem cheaper - 7 extentions, 10 geo numbers and a call group would be about £18 whereas Sipgate would be £31 for 5 users and 6 geo numbers. OTOH Sipgate's all you can eat calls for £50 seems like a deal.

Most of the other providers I've found have either opaque pricing wise or don't look like good value (thinking of Gradwell).

Any advice or experiences?!

Thanks

Give Will Hancock a ring on 01252747613 for a very personal offering with complete transparency on pricing. Please leave a message if no reply as you will get a return call within the hour. It is a hosted system with your choice to run with hardware either from Will or any other source. Used his Company for a considerable number of years and happy to give chapter and verse on receipt of a PM.
  Print Thread

Jump to