Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Tue 27-Sep-16 15:09:44
Print Post

Ceasing ISDN for VoIP

[link to this post]

I am trying to get a feel for all the costs relating to ceasing a PABX feed by ISDN over to a hosted VoIP service. What I find difficult to determine is the cost of terminating the ISDN service with a 1st and Auxiliary channel each at £76.20 + VAT a month.

Can anyone please tell me what the termination costs are for ceasing these ISDN services and the notice period required if any. The current 5 year contract ends 23rd December 2016. There is no call package in place.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 27-Sep-16 19:48:26
Print Post

Re: Ceasing ISDN for VoIP

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

It will probably be "by negotiation". Given that there is just three months left you may well find that it will be just as easy to let it run full term or at least pay for that.

You may find it difficult to retain the numbers - it can be done. The last time I tried it was a bit of a battle but I did win!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User clivers
(regular) Tue 27-Sep-16 21:36:48
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

As the previous poster says i would let the contract go full term. We moved to Voipfone from 2x ISDN lines with the same number by porting. That then ceases the ISDN line(s) when the number ports.
We were charged 1 months notice (line rental) on each line by BT when the lines ceased as out of contract.

Edited by clivers (Tue 27-Sep-16 21:39:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Wed 28-Sep-16 10:22:04
Print Post

[re: clivers] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by clivers:
As the previous poster says i would let the contract go full term. We moved to Voipfone from 2x ISDN lines with the same number by porting. That then ceases the ISDN line(s) when the number ports.
We were charged 1 months notice (line rental) on each line by BT when the lines ceased as out of contract.

I am allowing a generous 3 weeks to get the nine data sockets installed, each terminated in a new comms cabinet with thoughts of the VoIP service going live on 24th October. The existing contract for the ISDN circuits would then have two months to run to the end of the contract. At that point 2 months rental is due of 2 * £152.40 of which 65% of the total is payable amounting to £198.12.

Now considering that there is currently no call package in place, just under £100 is spent on calls per month. As the VoIP service will have a call allowance, that means around £200 is available to pay for the in-contract termination fee off or am I missing something here?

By bringing forward the go live date of the Hosted VoIP service, access to a whole range of new useful features becomes available against the 20 year old PABX facility. I am assured by the VoIP hosting provider that porting of the existing number will be no problem; just as well as our fleet of vehicles displays that number!

The leasing company for the PABX hardware don't want the hardware back post 23 December but at the same time, we don't want redundant equipment remaining in place on the office wall. The company has a BT distribution box nearby feeding two master sockets for the broadband services and the ISDN boxes. Who, and how, do we contact to have this unwanted hardware taken off the wall and what would be the likely cost?

Many thanks for the helpful replies so far and hoping for more information to populate this thread.
  Print Thread

Jump to