Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NJSS
(regular) Tue 17-Oct-17 13:15:54
Print Post

Vonage & Gigaset wiring

[link to this post]

I have just signed up to Vonage Home.

My Vonage VOIP adaptor (Grandstream H701) arrived yesterday & I have been able to connect it to my DrayTec 2860N & set up VOIP to an attached hard wired ‘phone, or to my six X Gigaset SL450's which connect via a Gigaset Go-Box 100 base station.

What I now want to do is to have both landline & VOIP available on the SL450s. I have spoken with Vonage support who say this is not possible, and that to do this I have to upgrade to a business plan.

The supplier of the SL450s states that this is possible, but that the manual configuration details for the Gigaset must come from Vonage.

As I can connect either the landline or Vonage VOIP to the Gigaset kit I think someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Can anyone help - in words of one syllable please as I am an aged bear of little brain!

NJSS

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Oct-17 17:14:15
Print Post

Re: Vonage & Gigaset wiring

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

I would try switching the Vonage box off and then trying to configure the Go Box so that it registers with Vonage.

You might be able to get the Vonage configuration details from the Vonage box web page - if it has one.

If you can't find the Vonage details I suggest you return the box to them and then use a supplier such as Voipfone or Sipgate.

I have a Gigaset N300 which is connect to a phone line and also uses Voip.

Michael Chare
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 18-Oct-17 21:43:05
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

I would suggest that too ...

From what the OP says I wonder if he is connecting an analog output from teh Vonage box to the Gigaset GO. I too have a Gogaset GO (N300 with updates) connected to VOIP and analog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ferretuk
(member) Fri 20-Oct-17 17:32:58
Print Post

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

I think that the issue is that Vonage don't release SIP details meaning you can't use your own device. There's a workaround here but it means subscribing to their softphone product as well. There may be other ways as well (Not a Vonage user).

My suggestion is to abandon them and use a conventional VOIP provider. Look carefully at the ones that come with calls included in the monthly fee - You get a lot of minutes at standard call rates for the fee and it may well not make sense (My bills are typically two or three pounds a month - YMMV)

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM
Standard User keymaster
(committed) Sun 22-Oct-17 14:06:40
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Hi
If call packages are yopur bag then I would suggest voiptalk as a good alternative.
K
  Print Thread

Jump to