Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User M00relane
(newbie) Mon 06-Nov-17 09:38:16
Print Post

Bt Cloud contract

[link to this post]

HI All,

im moving office and BT are telling me that if i dont want to pay nearly 2 K to move my lines I can move to cloud "free" but only if i renew all my contracts to 5 years - IE not just the lines but Bband and the feature lines also - even though they have different contract lengths. That, or is a buy out.

IS this right / legal?

Any help gratefully received

thanks
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Nov-17 11:33:08
Print Post

Re: Bt Cloud contract

[re: M00relane] [link to this post]

Seems perfectly legal to me. You either pay the standard rate for moving what you want or you take a special offer that BT are offering to migrate to their new services and commit to a term. Done by many companies as a way to encourage people to new products or long contract terms.
Standard User M00relane
(newbie) Mon 06-Nov-17 11:47:59
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Thanks for the note - the issue is that my contract lengths are all different - some end in a few months and they are different contracts. Extending the phones one is one thing but insisting that we do the other contracts also seems like blackmail. They havent actually replied to the email asking for copies iof the contracts or terms of business either which is odd and the outright purchase price of the Viop phones they have quoted as some 30 percent higher than i can get online, all smells s bit fishy to me

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Nov-17 12:02:05
Print Post

It is still just a contract though. If they offer a deal they can set the terms for it - and that could include stuff you don't currently even have let alone contracts due to renew soon. Have you tried negotiating with them to say that you don't want 5 years on some items so what would they do if they weren't included?

In the end they don't have to offer you any special deal and you don't have to take it. But if you do then it has to be on terms that the 2 of you agree - if their terms include more products than you want to sign up to then you have the options of paying the standard costs. It certainly isn't blackmail - look up the definition in the dictionary and I think you'll find it is not anything like an accurate description.
Standard User M00relane
(newbie) Mon 06-Nov-17 12:13:24
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

wow - thanks, that sounds defensive !
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 06-Nov-17 13:56:25
Print Post

I have nothing to be defensive about as I have no connection to BT or indeed to sales - it is just the way it is.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Nov-17 16:06:01
Print Post

Why don't you approach Voipfone and see what they could offer you. Porting your numbers to them should be easy, though clearly there may be costs associated terminating your existing BT phone lines.

Voipfone do provide broadband for VOIP business customers.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to