Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Nov-17 08:49:27
Print Post

Re: Migrating home phone to VOIP

[re: Jabes] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jabes:
Problem is that in my current house I rather need my landline for broadband. In my new house I'll get FTTP of course, but I can't transfer the line there as it is on a different exchange...

In that case the simplest way to proceed would be to request the number port to your chosen VOIP provider a week or two before moving out, you will probably be without broadband for a few days once the cease takes effect so you may have to look at other solutions (eg 4G dongle) as a temporary solution. Obviously you should be able to take the VOIP service with your ported number to your new address.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Sat 18-Nov-17 12:32:04
Print Post

[re: chrisbond] [link to this post]

chrisbond

This sounds very interesting

I have sent you a PM about it.

smile

CJT.

On NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Sat 18-Nov-17 17:32:08
Print Post

[re: chrisbond] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisbond:
For outgoing calls i use voipcheap.co.uk - £12 every 90 days plus you get £10 credit all 01, 03 numbers are free of charge for 90 days then you use your £10 credit up then if you top up you get the best price. You can set this up in gigaset so it uses different service for outgoing so you dont need to worry about it.

Freevoipdeal is about half the price of voipcheap for calls to UK mobiles and 01,02,03 numbers, plus you get 120 'Freedays' instead of 90.

FTTP 80/20 Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to