Technical Discussion
  >> Voice over IP (VoIP) Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Mon 22-Jan-18 22:57:34
Print Post

Features available with VoIP

[link to this post]

Which VoIP provider can offer with their product these features?
1. BLF
2. LDAP
3. UK Calls package to landlines and mobiles
4. Has no restrictions with hardware used
5. Importing and exporting cherished numbers
6. Auto attendant with day/night switch
With many thanks
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 23-Jan-18 18:16:18
Print Post

Re: Features available with VoIP

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Not after much are you?

They may not meet all of your requirements but I am currently using a small VOIP service provider who will allow most hardware, will Port In and Out any of your numbers, reasonable call rates in both UK and International. Support is good too.

Have a look at port5060.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Tue 23-Jan-18 22:34:29
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Not after much are you?

They may not meet all of your requirements but I am currently using a small VOIP service provider who will allow most hardware, will Port In and Out any of your numbers, reasonable call rates in both UK and International. Support is good too.

Have a look at port5060.net

I've found three providers that tick all the boxes and will choose one of them following a meeting face to face next week. My need was previously meet by a VoIP hosting company who sadly is shutting up shop in a couple of month's time.

It does also seem to me that your URL points to a VoIP provider that potentially ticks all the boxes for us as well, but it is unclear if your own hardware can be used. Support for 999 would be welcome but is rearly available.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 24-Jan-18 00:38:14
Print Post

Yes, you can use your own hardware with them. The do sell and configure but that is an option. I have a Gigaset GO and all I did was configured it with their settings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Jan-18 10:55:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
1. BLF
2. LDAP
With many thanks

I'm with yay.com and pretty sure they offer, most, if not all of the above on their voip services - incl the use of your own hardware and 999 services. Their phone support is brillant, they answer the phone almost immediately and 9/10 times will resolve your query there and then. They offer a web seminar twice a week for new customers in which they explain the basic and advanced features of their service as first time users can find their online portal daunting at first.

I did try German based sipgate.co.uk and whilst they are dirt cheap, their support wasn't the best (took 3 days to reply to email LOL) and their voip features are considerably less than yay.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 24-Jan-18 20:03:13
Print Post

I suggest that you ask Voipfone if they can do what you want.

Michael Chare
Standard User DigitalDaz
(newbie) Sun 25-Feb-18 23:33:44
Print Post

Most providers will be able to do much of what is on your list there, all I would add is don't get too hung up on packages, they nearly always in general work in the suppliers favour. You will find that most packages actually charge per minute so if you make a one second call you get a minute taken off your package.

With regards to the 999 thing you mentioned, avoid like the plague anyone who does not provide emergency services access as it is a legal requirement to do so.

Direct VoIP - Quality Business VoIP, Amazing Prices
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Mon 26-Feb-18 20:13:25
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:

I didn't like the way they locked down the phone inhibiting my ability to add additional hosting providers and they insisted I had to use their own hardware and have a broadband service from them.Contract length was far too long.
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Tue 27-Feb-18 06:55:20
Print Post

Perhaps roll your own asterisk server for all this!
Standard User DaveJ
(learned) Thu 01-Mar-18 15:48:42
Print Post

I didn't like the way they locked down the phone inhibiting my ability to add additional hosting providers and they insisted I had to use their own hardware and have a broadband service from them.Contract length was far too long.

Strange. I've used Voipfone for work for coming up four years now, and moved the home connection over about 18 months back, and they don't do any of those things. Use what hardware you want, mix providers, pay monthly, use your existing broadband.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Thu 01-Mar-18 16:21:42
Print Post

[re: DaveJ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DaveJ:

Strange. I've used Voipfone for work for coming up four years now, and moved the home connection over about 18 months back, and they don't do any of those things. Use what hardware you want, mix providers, pay monthly, use your existing broadband.

I would love to have a chat with you. My voipfone number with them is 30204177.
Standard User NJSS
(regular) Tue 07-Aug-18 10:46:13
Print Post

trolleybus

What please was the outcome?

NJSS

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Tue 07-Aug-18 12:07:29
Print Post

[re: NJSS] [link to this post]

Well I posed the question:
1. BLF
2. LDAP

For me it was crucial to have items 4 and 1 which seriously impacted on choice of hosted provider. There were two companies in the frame with one discarded immediately because they wanted a five year tie-in. So it was Voipfone I went for. I may have had a wish list, but apparently you canít have it all from any one provider.

Voipfone currently don't have option 6 but the feature will be coming sometime in the future, For LDAP it looks as though I would have to run my own server and I may well get round to doing just that sometime in the future. Voipfone do have call plans but they could well cost more than PAYG. As the same hardware was being reconfigured for their service, stored numbers were preserved.

Effective you have a control panel to set up your system but help is available from Voipfone if needed. Then you go to each SIP device and enter the appropriate credentials. Do not use the supplied wizards available from Voipfone.

The issue is you don't want to go through the same exercise again by changing providers so an initial choice of hosted providor is crucial. We have 26 Extensions, 30 Voice Numbers, 1 Fax Number, 9 Call Groups, 6 IVR Departments and Cloud Call Recording. The service goes out to 7 sites. We handle about 3000 calls each month and make extensive use of call diverting.

Personally I am reasonably happy with Voipfone but it has taken almost a year to fine tune the set up. My real gripe is the cost of calls to UK mobiles coming in at 10ppm; way above what is charge on other systems. Our 'rental' is around £130 pm with Call charges and recording costing about £170 a month.

SIP devices in use:
snomD375/8.9.3.88
DrayTek UA-1.2.3 Vigor2860 Series 3.8.9.1_BT
snom360/8.7.3.25
N300 IP/42.243.00.000.000
Algo-8180/2.6 Kernel/r5
Algo-8180/2.7.4 Kernel/r5
DrayTek UA-1.2.3 Vigor2830 Series 3.8.8.2_sb_232201
Acrobits SIPIS (www.acrobits.net)
snom320/8.7.5.35
In most cases SIP devices use PoE

In general each site has two broadband services using a mixture of Zen, TalkTalk Business and Cloadscape. UPS units are designed for an half hour service after which the failover is to PSTN.
Standard User NJSS
(regular) Tue 07-Aug-18 13:09:15
Print Post

Many thanks.

NJSS

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to