Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Netken
(newbie) Mon 09-Jul-18 11:05:35
Print Post

Re: 123-reg spam filter

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I host a website on 123-reg. On my website I have a number of forms that visits can fill in to contact me. I have being trying to understand why emails that have the Yahoo.co.uk extension are not delivered to the address I have configured in the scripting software that runs my forms.
After spending hours try to sort out the scripting software configuration I have now been informed by a 123 Reg technician their Spam filter blocks all emails with the Yahoo extension as they believe Yahoo are high risk emails. This seem to suggest to me, if you are running a form on your website hosted by 123 Reg, you will not receive an email from a visitor with an Yahoo email address.
Does anyone else have the same experience and what is the solution.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jul-18 13:11:49
Print Post

[re: Netken] [link to this post]

It depends on the form software. It's bad practice to make the "from" address on the email which the website sends the same as the "from" address of the website visitor, since it will likely get flagged as spam due to SPF/DKIM.

Best practice is for the email to have some generic host-specific "from" address, e.g. server74837@123-reg.co.uk and then set the "reply-to" address to match the address of the website visitor. This would not break SPF/DKIM rules whilst still allowing the recipient to reply to the email normally.

How you would do that varies depending on what form software you are using.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Mon 09-Jul-18 13:32:25)

Standard User Kalinihta
(newbie) Thu 22-Nov-18 11:34:54
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

How to connect email checking via spammers database?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to