Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jul-11 09:55:32
Print Post

Heart Hosting Query

[link to this post]

I am trying to put a folder of photographs on a Heart Internite hosted site for public access.

I can upload a single photograph into the Public folder and it is downloadable, but not possible to see the contents of the Public folder. However if I upload a folder with photo(s) in then I get 403 Forbidden - you do not have permission to access........ either the photo or the folder.

What I am after is a list of the photographs, rather that having to key in each individual file name.

Any ideas please?

Cheer!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jul-11 10:41:08
Print Post

Re: Heart Hosting Query

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Sounds like you need to find the option in the hosting control panel to enable directory indexes (for directories without index.html or equivalent).

Oliver.
Standard User ALGORYTHM
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Jul-11 20:03:33
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

if your hosting supports php:

http://www.bitfolge.de/index.php?option=com_content&...

alternatively, put in a .htaccess file (just a text file) with the following:

Options +Indexes

i has new sig
vps.net

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jul-11 23:24:29
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Many thanks for that info. It pointed me to the right area, but for some reason would not work with the folder I had chosen.

Heart Customer Service had similar issue, and found that I needed to use a different folder and set up a couple of test files for me.

100% marks there for Heart!

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

(knowledge is power) Tue 05-Jul-11 23:48:31
Print Post

[re: ALGORYTHM] [link to this post]

Many thanks for that info.

That is the very thing that Heart suggested to enable what I wanted; although they did not say that it was simply a text file.

I know now for the next time.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Print Thread

Jump to