Hope this is the right forum for this... i'll try and explain as best I can:
- We have a domain "joebloggs.com" with Company A
- Company A also manage the DBS and have the mx records setup so that email (email@example.com) is directed to our in-house smtp server (running Exchange 2003 on an SBS box).
- We want to move the domain from Company A to Company B
- Company B has told us to ask Company A for an authorisation code for the domain transfer, and also to tell them NOT to kill the DNS for 7 days
- IF Company A mess up and do kill the DNS, we lose emails etc for a few days
Is there any way to achieve the transfer "risk free"? We really can't afford to lose emails for even 1/2 a day!