Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alandean
(learned) Wed 17-Oct-12 20:47:13
Print Post

Reliable UK registrar/host for .ir domain

[link to this post]

I am thinking of registering a domain with the .it extension, whcih I think might look cool for an IT business.

Has anyone any experience of registering a Italian domain with a UK hosting company. Any companies recommended? Or any to avoid?

TIA
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Oct-12 16:05:53
Print Post

Re: Reliable UK registrar/host for .ir domain

[re: alandean] [link to this post]

My experience is limited since I host only about 40 or so sites for friends and small companies in the local area..... It is dead easy because I leave everything up to XILO and they just send me renewal reminders.

Don't get me wrong, I can log into cPanel on any of the domains and set up emails and websapce etc etc, but all the hard work is done by Xilo and I have to say I have never had any problems with them at all.

I am sure there are other hosters out there, possibly cheaper, but I believe you get what you pay for when you are looking to run a website, which is why I prefer XILO.

Hopefully you will get inundated with suggestions for hosting a site and you will be able to look through them all smile But this is my twopence worth !!! smile

Regards,
Trevor

2 x TalkTalk 38mb FTTC lines, current speeds a rock solid 34mbps on each one.(hiding behind an assortment of DGND3700v2 Dual Band, DG834PN & DGN2000 routers) on: a Win7 32 Ult (RTM) Desktop, Win8 x64 Pro (RTM) ) Desktop & Win 8 x64 Pro (RTM) Laptop.
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Tue 23-Oct-12 18:13:00
Print Post

I've just checked my supplier, Tsohost, and they register .it domains for £29 incl vat pa, I don't know how this price compares with others. I'd say they were pretty hard to beat on service.

Kevin

plusnet Extra Fibre (80/20)
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby90
(newbie) Sat 02-Mar-13 07:59:35
Print Post

Do not use “UK FAST''

I would never use them again They are just after your money ,My website was down for 5 days in 6 months but that was OK with them.
I lost 5 days of income from my retail business with no compensation.
when I wanted to leave after the last problem i was sent a invoice for leaving after I had 2 weeks of daily phone calls from them trying to retain my business I class this as harassment
Poor service for high price and they don't take internet security seriously AVOID THEM
  Print Thread

Jump to