Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 28-Mar-13 14:49:52
Print Post

Blogging software

[link to this post]

I would like some advice please.

The biggies seem to be Blogger (Google on inhouse servers). Tumblr also on inhouse, and Wordpress inhouse or on your own host.

I'm not too keen on Google, or any inhouse service. I'd rather use my usual host - Tsohost. But Wordpress seems to have a bit of a bad security reputation. On the other hand Wordpress claims to have iPxxx and Android apps, which sounds useful.

I'm not too fussed about it being Linux or Windows based as Tsohost have both, though I haven't established if Windows hosting will be more expensive. Free software preferred, but if it is better and not too expensive I suppose I would go for it. Especially if it has a trial period.

I want to post, and receive comments. With the ability to moderate them if necessary. In time I may be happy to allow others to do opening posts, but I haven't thought a lot about that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Thu 28-Mar-13 15:01:18
Print Post

Re: Blogging software

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Wordpress with security plugins works fine.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

I've forgotten more about broadband than I care to remember.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Mar-13 18:44:52
Print Post

Re: Blogging software

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Please could any replies be made to my new post. I've re-posted there to get a wider audience, as this has only had camieabz reply.

Thanks camieabz smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to