Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Oct-15 20:48:28
Print Post

Hoq to put Facebook on our church web site

[link to this post]

Our church has a Facebook page and I'd like to be able to put a feed from it on our web site.

There's plenty of info how to do this on the web so I'm comfortable in that respect.

However - there's always one of those wink

Whenever I put the code in, or put the FB page URL it tells me it's not a valid FB URL. I have a feeling that this is because when the FB page was created, not by me, it was set up as a personal account rather than a page. There's info how to change from one to the other but that seems to imply so much will change, and so much information is potentially lost that changing it probably will be a no no.

The URL is of the form

https://www.facebook.com/people/xxxxxxxxx/yyyy(lots of numbers)

Is there any simple way of getting the feed into the web site?

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 20-Oct-15 02:22:39
Print Post

Re: Hoq to put Facebook on our church web site

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
Is there any simple way of getting the feed into the web site?

Not that I've found. Facebook is a [censored] to do via their preferred setup. The one time I wanted to do a simple referral link it was a nightmare, so I butchered their code and made my own (which was a simple link, that works fine).

In Facebook's world, you use Facebook as the homepage and it's the centre of your world. Twitter is far easier, and Google+ is clunky, but easier than Facebook.

I suggest you take the long route to creating a separate FB page (not a personal page) for the church account. Facebook is very strict (i.e. a frustrating clunky waste of space) on that. My first ever use of FB, I created a nicknamed account, only to find the account got locked as it 'breached the rules' and the email addy I used got banned along with it.

Frankly, it's not worth the hassle.
  Print Thread

Jump to