Technical Discussion
  >> Web Design / HTML / Web hosting Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User KevinR
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Jan-17 15:33:22
Print Post

UK Registrar with good Email Forwarding?

[link to this post]

(Back here after a billion years, hi guys).

I've had a couple of domains registered with DomainMonster, but they've recently gone to pot!

I only really use their email forwarding which hasn't suffered as badly as their hosted email. However it went down for the second time in a fortnight and their customers have identified that 2 of 3 nameservers are down and all live behind the same router! So clearly multiple levels of "economy"....

I'd like a new registrar that supports fairly diverse forwarding. We've about 20 aliases that route to 4 or 5 mailboxes held elsewhere. I've noticed a fair few that support hardly any forwarding in the hope of up-selling a mailbox or hosting package (often overpriced).

+ I like the domains being independent of my ISP (xilo) & bundled hosting/mailboxes.
+ Basic hosting is an unnecessary expense for my needs or I'd look at xilo, nethosted and equivalents.

So these days: Who's good? Who's bad?

Thanks

Kevin

H: xilo Pro-16H (C&W) < eclipse Flex-512 (IPSC@14mbps<IPS@8mbps<Hideous Tiscali LLU@50%) < Vispa Dialup
M: plusnet BBYW-1 (IPS@6.5Mbs+ They gave up their 18month madness!)
Standard User senator1
(newbie) Mon 27-Mar-17 16:45:20
Print Post

Re: UK Registrar with good Email Forwarding?

[re: KevinR] [link to this post]

1 & 1 Internet Ltd.

I've used them for about 20 years - all OK.

Norry
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Wed 13-Dec-17 20:08:06
Print Post

Re: UK Registrar with good Email Forwarding?

[re: KevinR] [link to this post]

Isle of Man based rather than UK but used their services for a while, company is called Netcetera, support is excellent.

Have my domain(s) hosted with them (you can actually get free domain hosting if you buy at least one domain)

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Awaiting Zen FTTP
Router: Netgear D6400
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to